Chapter 41 (END)

Freen appeared at the door way like an avenging angel. Faint screams could be heard in the distance but Freen ignored it as she was too focused on Winnie who was curled up on the ground holding her bloody nose. 

"You broke my nose! Fuck!" Winnie's nose bled like a facet and she spat out blood as she yelled at Freen. Winnie knew that her plan had gone awry again and she had to get Freen out of the way so that she could make an escape. The problem was Freen was taller, leaner, and meaner, she wasn't like Rebecca who didn't know how to fight. The only advantage Winnie had was the element of surprise, and so she attacked Freen first. Freen easily fought off Winnie, but Freen got distracted when she heard Becky sobbing as she tried frantically to put the pieces of the device back together. 

"No..no. NO! The bomb can't go off! oh god, not Freen. This can't be happening." 

"BB? I'm right here...Umph" Freen's last words were cut off when Winnie surprised Freen with knee to her gut followed by a fierce upper cut to her jaw. Freen dropped to the ground with a groan. Hearing Freen's words woke Rebecca from her stupor to see Winnie attacking Freen, she roared and pounced on to Winnie's back and pulled her hair. Rebecca's attacking style is similar to a rabid mother raccoon attacking to protect her cubs-- there was no strategy and only pure screeching and scratching where ever her hands could reach. It was not a good fight but it was effective at disarming Winnie and attracting attention to the room as the building security rushed in to assess the situation. 

"YOU! WILL! NOT! HURT! HER!" Rebecca screamed repeatedly as Winnie tried to fling her left and right to get off her back. Their screams were loud and the commotion brought peoples attention and security was called in.

Freen wheezed, "Help her!! Arrest HER!!" The security guards looked confused as to which her Freen was referring to but they separated the two women. Security subdued and held Rebecca to the ground while they took a look at Winnie's bleeding nose, scratched face, and tousled hair. 

"No! The other way! Help HER and arrest HER! She's the fugitive!" Freen shouted in between trying to catch her breath. Security were weary whether Freen's words were true, and so they kept Freen, Winnie, and Rebecca in the room until the police came to confirm Freen's allegations.  

"Baby. Are you alright?" Rebecca looked at Freen with concerned eyes. Freen's face blushed with the endearment, she knew that everyone in the room could hear Rebecca. "Y..Yes, Bec I am fine." Freen replied shyly.

Winnie scoffed and rolled her already bruised raccoon eyes. 

"How? How did you know I needed help? Did you see the bomb on my seat?" Rebecca asked.

"What bomb? I came looking for you when you didn't come back." 

"Awww. P'Freen, I was only gone for less than 5 minutes, but I am glad you came looking for me." 

"Of course! I will always look for you. Look out for you." Freen tenderly grabbed Rebecca's hands and looked at her bruised hands, "does it hurt?" Rebecca smiled affectionately back and shook her head, "it did but not anymore." 

Winnie pretended to gag with Freen and Becky's loving comments to one another, while others were quietly envious of their committed relationship. Fortunately, they didn't have to wait long and the police came and arrested Winnie. They had quietly and discreetly shuffled Winnie out. Adding  more to Winnie's initial crime of racketeering, blackmailing, privacy invasion, and stalking, Winnie now advanced to attempt to first degree murder with her bomb making. As to the bomb that Winnie made... it was a dud. Either Winnie had searched for the wrong DIY or she was simply not a handy bomb maker, the homemade bomb didn't do more than burn a hole on to the chair and created a lot of smoke. The smoke had temporary halted the ceremony but that was the extent of the damage. 

After fixing their wardrobe, hair and makeup, Rebecca and Freen were able to go back to the ceremony but with new assigned seats. 

********************************************************************************

"And the award for 2023rd best supporting actress goes to......Rebecca Patricia Armstrong! Congratulations." Mew announced to the microphone and handed the award to Rebecca. Freen stood up and clapped the loudest, she was so proud of Rebecca. 

Rebecca graciously received the award from Mew and stepped up to the podium to give her thank you speech. 

"Thank you! Thank you so much for this award. I want to thank the director, producer, all the workers that worked on this project, and most of all, to my fans. Without your support, I wouldn't be standing here...actually, there is one more person I would like to thank because I would literally not be standing here...today, if it wasn't because of her.
Last year at this time, this person saved me from a burning fire when I was left alone and trapped in an elevator. This person also came and picked me up when I was at my lowest point in my life and my career, she even sacrificed her wellbeing in order to help me achieve my dreams" Rebecca paused to reflect on her words and then added, " such a selfless person. I am so grateful that she had come into my life.  She has been in my blindspot all along, quietly helping me, steadfastly supporting me, and silently caring for me. Like a blindspot, her love and support was there and it snuck up on me when I least expected. I think you can all guess who I am talking about. Yes baby, I know how much you hate the spotlight, but too bad. 

Thank you my love, P'Freen. This award also goes to you and I hope that you will always be by my side as we grow together for many many years." 

The crowd cheered with a standing ovation to Rebecca's declaration of love to P'Freen, while Freen could only smile brightly with happy tears running down her cheeks. The camera zoomed in to Freen's face as she mouthed I love you too to Rebecca. Rebecca's thank you speech wasn't an official statement that Freen and Rebecca were dating but it was a known fact that they were together in a committed relationship with each other. 

Fast forward a few more months, the GL series that Freen and Becky had starred together was extremely successful, it had aired globally and generated massive revenue for Idol Factory. They even had international fan meets and concerts throughout Asia. Freen and Becky won award after award from best actress, most popular couple, rising top talent, to couple of the year. The GL series had triple the amount of  viewership to any of the BL series produced that year. Unfortunately, no matter how successful the series was, Freen had decided to stop and step back from being in front of the camera and return back to working behind it. Freen never could get used to all the attention from the camera or the fans, and so, she decided to go back to becoming an Artist Manager---particularly managing only one client, her partner-- Rebecca Patricia Armstrong. 

Becky didn't mind it one bit since she gets to see Freen everyday. By being out of the spotlight, Freen felt much more comfortable and her mental health improved greatly. After Freen's career change,  they decided to moved in together and raised their loving dogs Fluffy, BonBon, and BonBon Jr. Rebecca's acting career continued to sky rocket with Freen by her side, and true to Rebecca's prediction, Freen was by her side every step of the way as they grew together and grew their family together--- from dogs to children. The couple had kept their private life to themselves and hadn't made any official statement but it was widely known and accepted that Freen and Rebecca were partners in life and have a family together. Everybody had all assumed that Rebecca had gotten pregnant through IVF and a sperm donor, but their family knew the truth. 

Their handsome son and beautiful daughter had Freen's eyes. 

*************************************************************************************

Thank you for reading Blindspot. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. In this story, I had incorporated a few real life events and what I wished had happened to my idols F & B, but at the end of the day I understand what is reality and what is fiction. 

I am always trying to improve my writing and going to take a small break to gather my ideas for the sequel "When I met you". 

Stay tuned <3