Chapter 7: Closing Down The Separation

Ominis' POV

I could feel the gust of wind swirling around me as the sounds of hexes and spells echoed through the walls. I could hear 3 familiar voices, one of Y/n's, one of Sebastian's and one of Rookwood's.

Confused at the events around me, I couldn't judge as what to do. My wand was of no service either. I couldn't tell where I was or what I was doing.

"Fight goddamnit," Sebastian groaned, throwing another spell.

"Had enough have you, Gaunt?" Rookwood's voice emerged.

My anger began to swell up in me as I gripped my wand tighter. Rookwood. The man who I utterly despise. Why? Why is he back?

I threw a few spells at Rookwood's direction, dodging his as I sensed them coming. My anger and hatred was overwhelmingly rising, as I continued to fight.

"Ominis, help," I heard a faint whisper.

No. Not right now. This needs to end now. Rookwood's power must end now. But that voice kept emerging. "Ominis," The voice called, slowly fading as Sebastian and I collectively threw a strong spell at Rookwood. Suddenly, the world fell silent once again.

I let out a sigh of relief as everything calmed down just a bit. But despite my relaxation, my heart thumped in worry as my brain began to process the voice. Y/n's.

"Shit, where is she? Where is Y/n," I asked in a panicked tone. I sensed for her presence, but nothing popped up. Not until I heard Sebastian's worried "no's".

"She's...," Sebastian spoke in pain, getting louder as I crawled to his voice.

As I felt around the floor, my hand felt her cold touch. I trailed up from her arm, and to her cheek, to which I gently caressed. She was still slightly warm, but her was losing it...slowly.

"Omi," her voiced croaked, choking as she spoke.

I began to sob as I finally understood what was going on. Her grip on my hand began to gently loosen, while her other hand gently caressed my cheek. "Omi, I love you," she whispered.

"We'll be okay! We'll be okay! We'll have a picnic to-tomorrow, I'll feed you your favourite pastries," I laughed as I tried to keep her touch as close as possible.

I heard her hum, hum like the way she smiled. She let out a small giggle, as her hand fell to the nape of my neck. "I'm sorry," I whispered as I pulled her body close to me. "I love you, sweetheart,"

I sobbed as her body fell limp in my arms. The silence befell on us again.

Angered, and broken, Sebastian let out a grunt as I heard a slap on the concrete floor. "You promised to protect her. Ominis, I loved her too," Sebastian said in a sob.

In a sudden move, I felt my collar being tugged violently, shaking me as Sebastian's voice grew louder. "She called for you. You let her die," Sebastian growled between his gritted teeth. "This is your fault,"

The anger that once filled my heart was turned into pain and guilt. She called for me. I betrayed her. She called for me, I didn't answer. It was my fault.

I began to sob again as Sebastian let go of my collar. I fell on Y/n's soft skin once more. I held onto her body as I cried a bit more.

"Wake up," I whispered. "I'm sorry, wake up,"
~~~
I gasped as I quickly sat up from my bed. The empty feeling made my heart clench, as I became increasingly convinced that it wasn't just a dream. I felt around the nightstand for my wand, as I groggily left my bedchambers.

Although I logically knew that it was just a dream, my head wanted a proof so badly. So much so that I found myself standing outside her door. I knocked once or twice, but no response. I sighed as I tried to tell myself that she's probably asleep. That all changed, when I head the door swing open.

"Omi?" She asked, yawning. "What's wrong?"

"Sorry, did I wake you?" I frowned.

"No, I was finishing off a few papers for work," she explained. "What about you?"

I debated on whether I should tell her that I had a nightmare, and wanted to prove that she wasn't dead, but I didn't want to look...vulnerable in front of her. But also, I trust her. She would never shame me for such a thing.

"Nightmare," I admitted simply.

She let out a hum as she gently placed her satisfyingly warm hand on my cheek. "Awe sweetie," she giggled.

Slowly, her hand trailed down my neck and down to my arm, holding it gently as she pulled me into her room. "Would you like to talk about it?" She asked, pushing me to sit on her bed gently.

I began telling her what happened in my dream. The way I felt, and the way I still felt. The sense of worry and guilt that lingered. I told her everything, all while she sat behind me, arms wrapped around my waist, listening and feeling the vibrations on my back as I spoke.

"Don't be worried, I'm right here," she whispered as her breath tickled my neck, before she left a soft kiss on it.

"Darling," I grumbled, as her kisses trailed from my neck and to my cheek. "I thought I lost you," I admitted.

I gently turned around to catch her lips, as my hands felt caressed her warm body. "I don't want to be alone," I admitted again, as we breathed for air. "Can I stay with you tonight?"

She let out a slight huff, as she giggled. "You can stay with me for as long as you want,"

"Then in that case...darling, I never want to be apart from you again, especially late at night. I want to wake up feeling your warmth around me, and I want to fall asleep to your soft voice and lips," I whispered as I held onto her cheek.

"Then we shall stay in my bedchamber forever," she replied as she kissed my wrist.

As we settled onto her bed, I felt her head nuzzle onto my chest, as my arms laid so comfortably on her body. This is how I wish every night was like. This felt perfect.

"Good night Omi, I love you," she grumbled tiredly as she tightened her grip around my waist.

"Good night Y/n. I love you, my beautiful nightingale," I whispered as I wrapped my arms around her more.

Slowly, but surely, I began to catch my rest. Letting my body rest as her warmth protected me from any fears and worries. For as long as I am with her, none of my worries mattered.