Chapter 22: Seeing What Was and What Will

Suggestive more than anything 🤭

I woke up feeling dizzy; the world moved around me, while my head felt as if it was floating. I was grateful that a hand caught my head, bringing to soft surface that rose up and down gently.

"Are you okay?" Ominis' voice echoed. "Dizzy, cold," I mumbled.

I felt the covers being lifted up to my shoulders, and warm pair of arms hugged me tighter. It was quiet, and I felt rather comfortable, even as I knew that I was in Ominis Gaunt's arms. I had enjoyed the silence of the room for a bit, but was suddenly interrupted by the sound of his sniffles.

"Are you crying?" I asked, laughing quietly too. "Yes," he replied, sobbing.

I quickly sat up to face him, cupping his cheek on my palm to wipe his tears. "Why are you crying Omi? I'm fine, you see?" I said , forcing a smile. "I'm alive and well, Anne Sallow's had it worse! She's still recovering, it is best if you check up-,"

My speech was interrupted by the soft touch of his soft lips on mine. "Sorry, how improper of me. I- I mean I'm not sorry I kissed you, I-,"

I gently pushed him off me, as the thoughts rushed through my head. Ominis Gaunt just kissed me. I tried stopping my urge to kiss him, but as my eyes trailed down to his lips, oh how I begged for more. It was almost as if my soul had begged for his kiss. It felt weirdly familiar, but felt so exciting that it made my heart thump faster. I placed a passionate kiss on his soft lips, to which he reciprocated. The soft pecks turned into a fight between my lips and his, as he tried to assert his dominance by scrunching my hair to pull me closer.

"Ominis," I gasped as we pulled away. Ominis' fingers trailed along my cheeks and down to my jaw as he felt around my face. "It wasn't that I couldn't stand not having you or Sebastian by my side, but..." I breathed. "I know. I was awful, and I am sorry. I'll use every day of my life to make it up to you," Ominis swore.

This time, Ominis kept this promise. For weeks, Ominis has been waiting patiently for me outside my last class of the day, almost as though he had memorised my class schedule. He would stand with his back pressed against the column structure or against the walls, fidgeting his fingers or looking as though he was thinking about something so deeply.

"Hey," Ominis greeted as soon as I walked out of the classroom. "Day twenty-five of Ominis meeting you here, my grown boy has commitment," Sebastian chuckled in a fake cry. "Don't tease him like that," I frowned before laughing at him.

Ominis simply laughed while slithering his arm above my waist and behind my waist. "We best be off. I wish for you to see my surprise in its beauty," Ominis chuckled softly. "Alright, we'll see you at dinner Seb," I smiled.

His surprise was indeed beautiful. A white outdoor table set, decorated with a flower and candle piece, was set to view the long-standing castle of Hogwarts. It was breathtaking to say the least.

"Why do you do this Ominis? You know I've forgiven you, I always do!" I asked, still immersed in the beauty of the view. Ominis didn't utter a single word, he simply caressed my cheek with a smile plastered on his face. "What's going on Omi? I'm trying to interpret the mood here," I giggled.

Ominis was always a quiet person, he didn't exactly like to outwardly showcase his thoughts and feelings. So, I decided not to push the idea even more. Although, if I were to be honest, I had hoped that he'd tell me he was doing this for the same reason as the thoughts that lingered in my head, the idea of Ominis and I, especially after he kissed me that one time.

"For the 14 years that I've known you, I've never actually...felt what you look like," Ominis stated, quite randomly too. I giggled, nuzzling onto his hand. I gently grabbed his other hand and placed it on my other cheek. I felt his fingers graze over every single feature, from my lips, my eyes, my nose and back to my cheeks.

"I always did believe that you were beautiful," Ominis said. "Oh...sorry I disappointed you," I chuckled awkwardly. "No, not disappointed. I'm impressed. You are a beautiful person both inside and out," he complimented, setting my cheeks into a deep red. "You're just saying that," I laughed, still awkwardly.

"Ever since I kissed you awhile back...I couldn't stop thinking about it. I wish to kiss you again, show you off to the world, tell everyone that you are mine," he said, passionately.

I let his lips touch mine. His lips, ever so softly pecked my own full of passion and grace, as though he hungered for my lips...and everything else. He slowly trailed down to my neck.

"Ominis," I gasped.

Never in my life did I expect Ominis Gaunt to be so...explicit and head on. He was always somewhat of an introvert, and I had expected that he'd hate the idea of PDA.

Upon my gasp, Ominis pulled away with a shameful look on his face. "I apologise, I've overstepped," he frowned. I laughed before kissing his neck, which he quickly groaned, as though I've hit a sweet spot.

"Is this what you wish Omi? To court me?" I asked. "Very much so," he chuckled, embarrassingly. "I am yours, always have been," I mumbled.
~~~~

"Ah! What a splendid decision you both have made!" My mother grinned as she welcomed Ominis and the rest of his family to our home. "The Gaunts are very pleased with this pairing," Ominis' father smiled.

Ominis was usually good at hiding his emotions, but today, he begged to differ. His face held an annoyed look, like a little boy who was forced to wear an uncomfortable or ugly sailor uniform. It wasn't that Ominis didn't want everyone to know that we were courting, but it was that he didn't like the idea that his parents somehow found out. Ominis and I tried to be as secretive about it as much as possible, but it seems that his sister had snitched on us, for the sake of her own enjoyment.

"Y/n, darling, you may take Ominis for a stroll down the garden," my mother smiled. I let out a huff, but quickly lit up when Ominis held my hand.

The stroll in the garden was quiet, we were easing down our annoyed expressions, and when things finally calmed down, oh we were back to laughing.

"You know, they're probably planning our wedding by now," Ominis laughed. "Is that really a bad thing," I shrugged. "Why of course not. Y/n, my wife," Ominis blushed before kissing my fingers.

Upon the touch of his lips, a weird colourless vision came to mind. Ominis and I were sat opposite a long table at Gaunt manor, silent, angry, sad and hurt. Almost a memory, where Ominis had stopped me from trying to stop the wedding; our wedding.

Ominis and I blinked, as though we were brought back to reality.
"What was that?" I mumbled.
"It matters not- we are happy," Ominis sighed, caressing my cheek.
"Do you know something Ominis?" I asked. Ominis hesitantly nodded.
"What is it?"
Ominis sighed before whispering something in parseltongue. A hissing sound was heard before Ominis covered my eyes. A flash of what has happened before that weird jump in the Undercroft on our first year, played before my eyes. Everything, including Ominis and my...intimate moments, and Louise...my daughter.

I took a step back when Ominis pulled away, the realisation of everything that had just happened clicked in my head. That explains why Ominis had always felt so...familiar. His touch, his warmth, his lips. It seemed as though our souls craved for each other, and I suppose they were. They were waiting for the moment where Ominis and I would finally be reunited, both body and soul.

"How do we go back? Our poor daughter?" I frowned.
"I don't know," Ominis frowned. "B-but on a good note, we have a daughter, we're happily married and-,"
"What if we never restore the past? Does our daughter just...die?" I gasped.
"No, darling don't think as such. We will be fine. We will come to see her again," Ominis encouraged before kissing my gently. "We will rebuild what was destroyed of us, and you will be my wife," he promised.

It was almost as though fate and destiny collided. Perhaps Ominis and I were destined to meet and marry, but perhaps it was fate too. I wasn't too sure. What was important to me was that Ominis and I were together, happily together.