Chapter 6: I'll Take Care of You

It was a fun afternoon. Ominis decided to help learn how to bake his famous brownies and mud cake. Though, it wasn't as easy as Ominis made it seem.

"No, don't mix it too fast. Patience, my darling. Like this," Ominis spoke softly as he gently held on my hand, guiding it. "That's better," he smiled.

Ominis picked up a bit of the batter with his finger, and smudged it on my cheek. "Omi," I giggled. He chuckled in response before hugging me from behind.

"This is nice. I like this," he admitted.

"You like bullying my baking skills," I said jokingly.

"Too bad," he chuckled.

Once all the baking frenzy was finished, and the cleaning up was done, Ominis and I managed to take a breath. The scent of the freshly-baked sweets filled our very home.

Our silence was however ruined by the knock on the door. "Brother?" Marvolo's voice echoed.

"Shit, you never told me your brother was coming," I exclaimed in a half whisper, leaving me frozen too at a distant memory of Marvolo Gaunt.

"I didn't know either," He replied as gently waved his wand, dressing us more appropriately than our house messy clothes.

After noticing my stillness and shock, Ominis held onto my hands and shook them gently as he faced me. "Are you okay?" He asked, panting.

Still frozen, I managed to let out a hum of agreement, to which Ominis sighed and pulled me to the door. And yes, there he was. Marvolo Gaunt.

"To what do I owe this...uh visit?" Ominis asked bitterly as he welcomed his brother.

"Oh brother, I know you're still mad with what happened...but we were kids! I am deeply sorry for missing your wedding too," Marvolo grinned, his eyes trailing towards me.

I gripped onto Ominis arm as I stood behind him. I feared Marvolo. I feared him for what he did, what he was capable of doing.

"Ah Y/n, you've grown so much. Much more beautiful too," Marvolo smirked as he tried to reach for me, but Ominis' other arm intervened.

"Do not touch her," Ominis spoke sternly. It wasn't the first time Ominis spoke against his older brother, it has seemed that he had learned to not fear him.

"Oh come on, Y/n had lots of fun when we were younger, didn't we...Y/n? Didn't we have fun?"

~~~~
I was walking to my first Astronomy class of 4th year, when I felt arms wrapped around my neck and waist. By the scent, I had quickly assumed that it was Ominis Gaunt, but after hearing the voice, I quickly realised how wrong I was.

"Well hello there, ms L/n," Marvolo spoke on a smug tone, as tightened his grip.

"Let me go! This is highly inappropriate!" I exclaimed.

"Oh come on Y/n, just trying to enjoy my last years of Hogwarts," he smirk as I felt his hand travel down my waist. "Besides if my poor brother don't get his prize, I shall be the first to take it,"

I let out a scoff as I managed to wriggle out of his grip. Angered, and humiliated, I was quick to slap him across the face. An action I would soon regret.

"Ugh you little brat," he exclaimed as he gripped my wrist and pulled me to a quieter hallway. "You don't get to slap me. I, Marvolo Gaunt, descendant of Salazar Slytherin will not be hit by a low, worthless woman,"

"I am not your prize. I am not an object, and I am not worthless. I will never marry into your family, all of you, you selfless, evil, pure bloods!" I exclaimed.