Chapter 5: A Successful Date

Ominis' POV

I really wanted to make up for all the opportunities I've lost with Y/n. I wanted so desperately to show her that everything was going to be better. So I proposed a plan.

I knocked on Y/n's door that morning. As I awaited for a response, I heard her footsteps get closer. "Coming!" She screamed.

"Sorry I- I overslept," she panted as she opened the door.

"It's okay, did you rest well?" I asked.

"Yes," she hummed. "Did you need anything?"

I smiled and shook my head. "Get ready, I have something planned,"

"Oh? Okay," She replied before squeezing my hand.

Back when we were little, squeezing my hand meant that she was happy. She hasn't done that in awhile, and rightfully so. It was nice to feel her comfortability come back.

Minutes later, Y/n opened the door again. I smiled and searched for her hand. "Ready?" I asked. "Yes," she hummed again.

She let out a small hum as she giggled and laid on my shoulder, whilst my arm entangled with hers.
"What exactly did you plan Mr. Gaunt?" She asked, cheerfully.

"You will see," I smiled at her.

I trusted my wand to lead me to where I wanted to go, and by Y/n's gasps I could do not assume that we made it. "Oh but Ominis! How did you-," she gasped.

I had the house elves help in preparing a small picnic just outside the estate, down the slope where the elves had described had the best view.

"The elves helped," I smiled. She let go of my arm, and how I wish I could see her reaction. "Do you like it? Did I miss something?"

Y/n giggled and held onto my arms, pulling me towards the mat. "Oh Ominis, it is perfect! It's just like when we were kids. The tea set, my favourite book, and my favourite food! Oh!" She gleamed, excitedly.

When we were little, Y/n and I would go on picnics, enjoying the autumn breeze and talking about things we were so passionate about. The best part was when Y/n would read me her favourite book while I laid there.

"Did you bake these?" She asked, to which I assumed that she was talking about the pastries.

"I did, but it's not the usual recipe," I explained while I found my place to sit.

"Could I take a bite?" She asked.

I chuckled at her shyness as she asked the question. "Why of course, I prepared them just for you,"

"I always did love your baking, you are probably better than me at being a wife," she joked.

The silence scared me. I followed a whole different recipe, and I was worried that it didn't come out as good. But my anxiety paused when I heard her moan in delight.

"They're so good! Omi you have talent," she spoke. "Here, have a bite,"

I felt her lean towards me, with her hand on mine. She gently guided the pastry onto my lips, waiting for me to take a bite. "Come on Omi, you can't just leave it all to me,"