Chapter 19: Uh Oh

I found myself in the library holding onto Louise as she observed my every move. I danced around with her, spinning her around as though it was my last.

"Oh my dear daughter, my beautiful gift," I whispered. "I love you so much,"

She cooed in response with her hand stretching up to my face, as though she was telling me that everything was going to be okay.

"I do not want to go back to the past, it would be so unfair.  I brought you into this world, only for the possibility of you never existing...again. You are the gift of my endless love for your father, and you too share that love. But mummy will do everything to save you, to make sure you don't face death. Mummy will do anything for you and daddy," I sighed.

Last night's conversation lingered in my head like a memory that could never leave. I didn't like even one part of that idea. Too much what if's played in my head, the feeling of uncertainty did certainly scare me. I had been so focused on talking to Louise, almost ranting, that I hadn't realised Ominis' entrance, until Ominis placed his hand on my waist.

"Oh, how's Anne?" I asked as I turned to face him. "Awake, still tired," he replied promptly. "How are you? Couldn't help but hear your rants to Louise," he questioned as he gently caressed the baby. "I don't want to, Omi. But if it's to save...us then, it is the best choice," I sighed.

Oninis' eyes softened as he held a soft pained gaze to empathise with me. "I know you want to save the world, but you don't have to anymore," He sighed. "What is it that's in your heart? What is stopping you from saying no?"

"I want our past to be completely different. I want a reality where we never drifted apart," I explained. "Darling, take a look at us now, our beautiful little girl...I know our past was rocky, but we're happy...aren't we?" Ominis asked.

"You're right...but Rookwood's after us," I tried to argue. "He's after the last bits of his power, the power instilled in you," he countered. "It is time for us to destroy it,"

I gently leaned on his shoulder as I nodded softly. All the fears I've been holding onto was felt deeply, I was scared but this was the best option.

I looked at my daughter who was now fast asleep and gently kissed her forehead. "Mummy loves you, my sweets," I whispered. "Y/n, this is not goodbye," Ominis chuckled. "I know, but just in case,"

After putting Louise down, Ominis and I headed downstairs where Sebastian and Anne were found pacing up and down the halls, thinking deeply. Sebastian was the first to look up. He looked at me with those pained eyes again, pleading eyes. Anne held a soft smile as she walked towards me.

"I am deeply sorry Y/n. Everything that I have done, I am an awful friend," Anne sighed.

When things quieted down, I began to tell them what my decision was, what Ominis and I had agreed on.

"He is after the last bits of his power, which was from...well Anne's curse...so the plan is that we take away that curse, and then we destroy it from there," I shrugged.

"Y/n, power can't be destroyed like that. It can only be destroyed if- if you die,"Sebastian frowned.

Shit. I hadn't thought about that. He wasn't wrong. No, he was incredibly right.

"No; we aren't killing Y/n. Absolutely not," Ominis spoke, shaking his head. "We'll find a way,"

Sebastian shook his head as he began to pace. "No. This isn't happening again. I won't let Anne suffer again,"

"My wife is suffering for you, like she always does. Everything was always for your ass," Ominis argued angrily. "I will not get her involved again!"

Anne and I looked at each other empathetically, feeling the hopelessness of the situation at hand. It was almost as though history was repeating itself. Ominis and Sebastian, arguing, whilst Anne and I stood there.

"Alright darling, it's okay," I whispered as I gently pulled Ominis' arm.

It wasn't as easy as I thought it'd be. Ominis and Sebastian were arguing non-stop, cursing and blaming each other for putting us in this position. Anne and I didn't stop however, we continued to pull them away. Unbeknownst to each-other, Anne and I ended up bumping to each other while I pulled Ominis, and she pulled Sebastian. It was there when everything was white for a quick moment, and my body felt slightly different.

~~~

"Did you guys feel that?" I asked as I shook myself awake. "Hm yeah, that was weird," Sebastian replied.

I felt as though I was in a weird trance for a quick second, but after realising nothing had changed, I was quick to shrug it off.

"Y/n, we have to get to class," Ominis pouted as he pulled me up. "Okay, wait let me stand up Omi," I giggled.

There was something off though. Something in me felt a mix of worry and scared, as if something in my head was trying to speak.

"Louise," I mumbled. "Louise? Why does that feel so familiar?" Ominis asked. "I don't know?" I shrugged. "Let's just get to class. I don't want my first years in Hogwarts to ruin my future reputation," I sighed as I shook it off. Ominis nodded and continued to walk. Well he walked for a bit, before he stopped to place a hand on his chest.

"My heart is beating so fast, even more so when you mentioned that name," Ominis spoke breathless. "Maybe a soulmate," I teased. Ominis shook his head and chuckled. He quickly grabbed my hand and began to walk again. "Impossible, you're my soulmate. You'll be my wife, the wife of a Slytherin heir, the Slytherin wife," Ominis smiled proudly.