005. false confidence [kaveh]

note: this was written when he was still a leaked character

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

You always wished you'd stop thinking about him. The past was a mess and you had all the right reasons to be wanting to look forward to the future. To focus on what was in reach and realistic. But there was no realistic when it came to Kaveh. Only grand dreams and the notion that everything felt so much more alive whenever he entered the room. His mind was beautiful; such a harsh break from the shallow world you were used to and that was exactly what made it so hard for you to let go of him.

You'd think of the times you'd feel his presence without needing to see or hear him coming. The cold mornings you'd chuckle and say "Hey Kaveh" before he'd stop next to you. "How did you know it was me?", he always seemed so surprised. "Trust me, my brain sends out an alarm signal every time you're around", you joked. "That bad?", he laughed as he held the door open to the Akademiya for you, "after you." He did half a curtsy and you pulled him away from the door, shaking your head. "We enter this building every day, no need to be dramatic about it."

Without noticing you smiled brightly at your own hands reminiscing about those times. A smile that faded immediately when you realized they were nothing more than distant images in your mind now. He probably had moved on to greater things and forgotten all about you. After all you were hardly friends. You had dropped out of the Akademiya a while ago and left to travel to faraway nations. There was too much going on in your life at the time and you were not in the right place for a relationship with him. If he even felt that way for you.

Though Kaveh was always critical of your choice, he still wished you the best when you parted. You wished for just one chance to hold him in your arms when he said goodbye to you. You didn't know if you were imagining it but he seemed to be hesitating as much as you did. But pride got the better of you. The fear of rejection, the fear of him teasing you for your feelings, though he wouldn't mean anything bad. You had a hard time letting anyone close to you. Especially Kaveh. It seemed like with every move of his he was trying to take the walls you built down with a wrecking ball. He was honest; a little too honest at times; he was curious, he wanted to understand you and he was bright. Insightful. You didn't understand much about architecture but you loved how passionate he was about it.

He'd tell you to meet him in the library and you always guessed whether you'd find him re-reading Tanger's stories about the Aranara, a scientific book or a classic play. It was always one of those three with him. He'd look up at you and yell "Hi y/n!", across the room which made everyone stare at you two and the librarian shush him angrily. He regretted disturbing the treasured silence in the library and yet he never learnt.

You had looked up to him for his talent and he looked up to you for how put together you seemed. How tough you were and how you always seemed to find the right words to say.