015. alhaitham and kaveh both having a crush on you

notes: had this idea ever I got to know these two. how they act when they're both in love with you, what happens when you pick them and what happens when you reject them for the other. I hurt myself writing this.

contains: character x gn!reader, pining, rejection, jealousy, wingman!kaveh

warnings: some angst, unrequited love

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

•   You got to know Alhaitham because of the whole "saving Sumeru" fiasco, having worked with the Traveler and their team to overthrow the sages and rescue the Dendro Archon

•   While you were always impressed with Alhaitham's intelligence, it was refreshing to see a new side to him in calmer moments, like the celebration feast that Nilou organized. You were surprised to hear him talk about how the people of the Grand Bazaar feel joy from the bottom of their hearts, something the people he knew at the Akademiya were foreign to and how he actually enjoyed the atmosphere of the event because of its special meaning. It wasn't a statement you had expected from him but you would lie if you said that you didn't enjoy when he subverted your expectations. That seemed to be something akin to a hobby for the scribe.

•   Since your chosen career paths made the two of you cross paths every once in a while, Alhaitham became someone you considered a friend, someone you saw occasionally and enjoyed to converse with. Small talk always turned into debates and complex discussions with this man and Alhaitham was enjoying that a lot.

•   He was actually the reason you met Kaveh in the first place. When he met you, you were suffering from a particularly bad headache and Alhaitham offered to take you to his house to give you a couple of painkillers, since his home was closer than yours. When you entered the house, Kaveh was kneeling next to the living room table, crafting a little house with matchsticks. Alhaitham didn't make much of the stinging feeling in his chest when you went over to his roommate and introduced yourself with a smile and excitedly commented on how much you liked his work. Alhaitham just simply rolled his eyes. "This is my roommate, Kaveh. He rather does little diy projects than try to get his life together."

•   He hated to see how well you started to get along with Kaveh. That you met him in the afternoons to hang out with him, sometimes more than you did with him. Alhaitham knew he probably gave off the impression that he didn't like spending time with people that much and was very busy with work and his studies. Still, you spending time with Kaveh prompted him to ask you to hang out with him more.

•   You thought this was simply him warming up to you more and you were happy to see it. When you weren't around, Alhaitham couldn't help but sometimes look down on his roommate, telling him that he should probably get some money and a stable life first before he thinks of wooing you. Kaveh, however, always had a comeback. Mocking the way Alhaitham didn't seem to understand romantic gestures and how to express love properly. "I may be in a bit of a financial situation right now, but you're one to talk. Do you think y/n would fall for a guy like you? See, so be quiet." Kaveh, just like you, was blissfully unaware of the fact that Alhaitham also had feelings for you.