024. domestic + date headcanons [various]

notes: modern au. is dottore an evil mad scientist in this au too? i'll leave that up to interpretation but fact is he's the weirdest fucking surgeon you'll ever meet. 

characters included: dottore, pantalone 

warnings: dottore is a questionable physician, mentions of someone having a tumor

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

•   Many of your friends would say that you had rather

•   Many of your friends would say that you had rather... well... "unique" tastes. Because even though your lover was as intelligent as they came; no one could deny that he was more than just a little odd. Many found him intimidating, some even a little unsettling. He did nothing to try and avert the rumors. Maybe, sometimes, he even enjoyed them. Nevertheless, he managed to score an incredibly well-paying job; being the head of surgery of your city's most prominent hospital. To speak frankly, you didn't know how he lasted that long in this position, given his....demeanor.

•   You'd visit him at his workplace once in a while, checking in on him or surprising him with some lunch for him because you knew how he could get all caught up in his work and forget about mealtime. He'd greet you with a kiss to your temple as soon as you were out of other people's curious gazes. "Thanks a lot for the food, love", he'd pat your head. "Let me guess, you didn't pack any?", you sighed as he nodded. He smirked at you, obviously finding your disappointment a little amusing. "Who knows, maybe I just wanted to see the love of my life", he teased and gave you a quick kiss on the lips; not missing how you subconsciously tugged on his lab coat when he pulled away, craving for him to stay a little longer. You raised your eyebrows at him and chuckled. "You don't fool me. You wouldn't get me to come here just for some kisses and lunch. What weird thing did you find during surgery this time?", you ran a hand through his teal hair, knowing occasions like these usually happened because something extraordinary had occured during his work day and he wanted to share it with you. You didn't even want to know how many times he had broken the patient confidentiality agreement in regards to you.

•   "So eager to learn about my work, are you?", he teased once more as if he wasn't the one who was more than excited to inform you about his newest shenanigans. Anyone else wouldn't have been able to tell, with his calm, slightly flirty way of talking to you. But you knew better. He loved you and love for Dottore showed in taking any opportunity he got to drag you into his work and research. "So we removed this tumor the size of a volleyball from a specimen's leg. Biggest thing I've ever seen in person; a case absolutely unheard of in this hospital-", he stopped for a moment, putting an arm around your shoulder, "-would you like to see it? We still have it here." You shook your head very quickly and with Dottore you had no idea whether he was joking about stuff like this or not. He chuckled at your blatant refusal and pressed a kiss just below your earlobe to tease you. "Anyway, follow me. I have to show you something", he gestured for you to follow him out of his office. "Not the tumor, please", you cringed a little. "It's not the tumor, I promise", he linked his arm with you and led you down the hallway.