Episode 24: Shadows of truth.

IN THE EVENING

INT. PARK - DAY

Reyhan and Emir sit on a bench in the park, their hands intertwined as they enjoy the peaceful surroundings. The warmth of their connection fills the air, and they share heartfelt conversations, laughter, and stolen glances.

REYHAN
(smiling)
Emir, being with you feels like a dream. I never thought I could find someone who understands me so deeply.

EMIR
(gently)
Reyhan, you've brought light into my life, and I can't imagine it without you now. You've made me believe in love again.

Their conversation is interrupted by the buzzing of Reyhan's phone. She glances at the screen and sees her mother's name.

REYHAN
(apologetically)
Sorry, Emir. It's my mom calling. Let me take this.

Emir nods, giving her a reassuring smile as Reyhan answers the call.

REYHAN
(worriedly)
Mom, is everything alright?

INT. AYLA'S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - CONTINUOUS

Ayla paces back and forth in her living room, clutching her phone tightly as she tries to gather the courage to tell Reyhan the truth.

AYLA
(tearfully)
Reyhan, there's something important I need to talk to you about. Can we meet? It's about your father, and it concerns Emir too.

Reyhan's heart races, a mix of curiosity and concern flooding her being.

REYHAN
(urgently)
Mom, what's going on? Is everything okay? I can meet you right now.

AYLA
(hesitant)
Not right now, Reyhan. Come home. I'll explain everything then.

Reyhan's brows furrow, her worry growing deeper.

REYHAN
(anxiously)
Mom, please tell me what's happening. Why does it involve Emir?

Ayla's voice trembles with emotion as she tries to choose her words carefully.

AYLA
(faltering)
Reyhan, it's complicated. Just... trust me, and we'll talk, okay?

Reyhan sighs, a mixture of frustration and understanding.

REYHAN
(resigned)
Alright, Mom. We'll meet. But please, I need to know what this is about. It's important.

Ayla's voice softens, filled with regret.

AYLA
(teary-eyed)
I promise, Reyhan. I'll tell you everything this evening. Just remember, no matter what, I love you, and I only want what's best for you.

They hang up, leaving Reyhan with a sense of unease and anticipation. She turns back to Emir, finding him waiting patiently, concern etched on his face.

EMIR
(worried)
Reyhan, is everything alright? What did your mom say?

Reyhan's eyes meet Emir's, her heart heavy with the weight of impending revelations. She tries to smile, pushing her worries aside for the moment.

REYHAN
(forcefully cheerful)
Everything's fine, Emir. She was just concerned about me. Let's not dwell on it now. I want to focus on us, on this beautiful moment.

Emir nods, a hint of concern still lingering in his eyes, but he respects Reyhan's wish to leave the conversation for later.

EMIR
(softly)
Alright, Reyhan.

Emir stretched his arms towards Reyhan and they both hugged each other seeking solace and comfort in each other's embrace.

FADE OUT.