Episode 38: Am I still affected by you?

INT. EMIR'S OFFICE - CONTINUOUS

(Talaz enters Emir's office, curious about the urgent request.)

TALAZ
Emir, what's going on? Is everything alright?

EMIR
Talaz, I just went through Reyhan's resignation file. You approved it without my signatures. Why?

TALAZ
(Nervously)
Emir, I thought it would be best. After your breakup, it was clear that she couldn't continue working here. I wanted to help her as she wanted to find a new job, so I accepted her resignation and provided her with a letter of recommendation from your side.

(Emir processes the information, feeling a mix of emotions.)

EMIR
(Tense)
Talaz, you should have discussed this with me first. I had a right to know.

TALAZ
(Apologetic) Emir, I understand, and I'm sorry if I overstepped. I was just trying to help both of you.

EMIR
(Sighs)
It's fine, Talaz. I appreciate your intentions. Just keep me informed next time, alright?

TALAZ
(Jokingly)
Absolutely. By the way, how was your night at the police station? Reyhan came to help you, didn't she? I can see the change in your mood.

EMIR
(smiling)
Oh, please, Talaz. Stop with the nonsense. Our conversation was purely professional.

(Talaz chuckles, teasing Emir.)

TALAZ
Alright, alright. I won't push it. But remember, a little happiness never hurt anyone.

(They both laugh, lightening the tension in the room.)

TALAZ
Oh, one more thing, Emir. I've booked an appointment for you at the hospital for your hand injuries. Please don't miss it. Take care of yourself.

EMIR
(Playfully)
Okay.  Now, get out of my office before I change my mind about changing your face forever.

(They share a friendly smile as Talaz exits the office.)

FADE OUT.

INT. HOSPITAL - DAY

(Emir enters the hospital, holding his injured hand, and looks around for the reception. Meanwhile, Reyhan enters the same hospital, carrying a file of her mother's medical reports.)

INT. HOSPITAL - RECEPTION AREA - CONTINUOUS

(Emir spots Reyhan and approaches her.)

EMIR: Reyhan, what are you doing here?