Episode 25: The Real Face

INT. REYHAN'S ROOM - NIGHT

Reyhan sits anxiously on her bed. Ayla arrives, her face marked with a mix of nervousness and determination. She sits beside Reyhan, taking a deep breath to steady herself.

REYHAN
(impatiently)
Mom, please, tell me what's going on. Why did you sound so worried earlier?

AYLA
(tearfully)
Reyhan, I... I need to tell you something that I've kept hidden for far too long. It's about your father and Emir's mother.

Reyhan's eyes widen with surprise and curiosity. She leans forward, urging her mother to continue.

REYHAN
(urgently)
What about them, Mom? Please, tell me.

Ayla takes a deep breath, her voice trembling as she begins to reveal the long-held secret.

AYLA
(emotionally)
Your father, he... he forcefully made a relationship with Emir's mother, Leyla. It was all for the sake of financial ties and friendship between your father and Ali, Emir's father. Your father, Kerem wanted to Blackmail Ali to gain financial help from him to pay his due debts.

Reyhan's face contorts with shock, disbelief, and a hint of anger. She struggles to process the weight of the revelation.

REYHAN
(whispering)
What? I... I had no idea, Mom. How could Dad do something like that? And Emir... he must have suffered so much because of it. Why didn't you reveal this before when we had that conversation.

AYLA
(teary-eyed)
I know, Reyhan. It's a terrible truth to bear. Leyla couldn't handle the situation and... she took her own life. Emir's father, Ali, abandoned him, leaving him to face the aftermath alone.

I didn't tell because I thought you will hate your father for his actions and the mistakes of parents should not be the matter of apology in front of others. I didn't want you to feel ashamed of your father's actions.

Reyhan's eyes well up with tears as she tries to comprehend the depth of pain and betrayal inflicted upon Emir.

REYHAN
(voice trembling)
And Emir... he doesn't know about any of this?

Ayla shakes her head, her voice filled with regret.

AYLA
No, Reyhan. Emir is unaware of the truth. I fear that if he finds out, it will shatter him and destroy the beautiful bond he has formed with you.

Reyhan's heart aches for Emir, her love for him deepening even more as she realizes the strength he has shown despite his painful past.

REYHAN
(determined)
Mom, we have to be there for Emir. He deserves to know the truth, and we'll support him through it, no matter the consequences.

AYLA
(In a sense of fear)
No Reyhan you can't Tell Emir everything about this. Emir was very close to her mom. If he finds out that it was your father who made it to take her life. It will break him completely also it will affect your relationship with him.

He's also struggling with his relationship with his father now. I don't think this is the right time.

REYHAN
(Worried)
Then what should I do now. Mom, Emir gets panic attacks and nightmares about his Mom. I can't Mom .. I can't..
(Crying)
Mom, I can't see him battling with his past with half baked truth. He started living his life now.

AYLA
Exactly, for the sake of Emir's happiness let the Truth remain hidden. Behave normally as if nothing happened. That would be the best choice for Emir right now.

REYHAN
(Convinced)
Okay mom, I will

AYLA
One more thing, Emir's father Ali. He contacted me to warn you to stay away from Emir. He doesn't want to face more suffering because of us. I know, in all this we have done nothing wrong. But I think soon Ali will also accept your relationship with Emir. And the darkest clouds will fade away and sunshine of happiness will prevail on us.

REYHAN
But mom if Emir could find the truth by himself. He won't be able to handle all this alone.

AYLA
I have talked to Ali. Ali is a furious man but as soon as he will realise that his son is happy with you then he won't intervene between you and Emir.

REYHAN
Mom, still I feel like I'm not doing the right thing by keeping him away from the truth. By hiding the truth about his mom's death, we couldn't heal his wounds.

AYLA
(Holding Reyhan's hand)
I know my dear, But Time heals everything.

FADES OUT