Episode 39: Do I still care?

CONTINUED SCENE AT HOSPITAL

REYHAN: Emir, I'm here to collect my mother's medical reports. She had some complications with her blood pressure, but she's recovering now.

Reyhan notices the injury on Emir's hand.)

REYHAN: (nervously smiling) I'm aware of your purpose here. I spotted your injury yesterday.

BOTH TAKE A PAUSE

EMIR: Well, since we're both here, how about we grab a cup of coffee together? But first, let me get this dressing done. Will you wait for me or should I join you later?

REYHAN: No, no. I'll come with you. Let's get your bandage done first.

INT. HOSPITAL - TREATMENT ROOM - MOMENTS LATER

(Emir sits on a chair while the doctor prepares to redress his hand.)

DOCTOR: (Kindly) Alright, Mr. Emir. I'll be careful, but it might hurt a little.

EMIR: (Nervously) Please be gentle, Doc. I'm not a fan of pain.

DOCTOR: (Smiling) I'll do my best. Just relax.

(As the doctor starts the procedure, Emir winces in pain. Reyhan's face mirrors his expression, feeling the pain on his behalf.)

DOCTOR: (Smiling) Don't worry, Mr. Emir. I need to give you an injection. It's necessary.

EMIR: (Nervously) No, I don't like injections.

REYHAN: (Interjecting) Doctor, please go ahead. I'll make sure he doesn't run away.

(Reyhan gives Emir a playful yet encouraging look.)

EMIR: (In a hushed voice) Reyhan, what are you doing? Do you want me to die?

REYHAN: (Worriedly) By keeping her hand at Emir's mouth.
Emir, don't say that. I won't let anything happen to you.

(Emir's eyes widen in surprise at Reyhan's action, a hint of romance filling the air. The doctor injects the needle, and Emir reacts with a comical expression.)

DOCTOR: (Chuckling) Alright, the injection is done, Mr. Emir. You were acting just like a kid.

(Reyhan bursts into laughter, covering her face with her hand.)

DOCTOR: (Smiling) I'll write some prescriptions for you. Make sure to take the medications on time. And Miss(Pointing towards Reyhan), please take care of his wound. Keep it dry.

(The doctor assumes they are a couple, creating an awkward moment.)

EMIR: (Quickly intervening) Doctor, it's not what you're thinking.

DOCTOR: (Apologizing) Oh, my apologies. I assumed... Well, never mind. Take care, both of you.

(Emir and Reyhan exchange nervous glances, unsure of how to respond.)

FADE OUT.