⚜ twelve ⚜

•Daniels•

The whole time we traveled from Plyos to Winter palace was nothing but a deafening silence.

The little prince fell asleep from crying and was grumpy as well. I hope he's okay. I feel really disheartened seeing them hurt like this. Before we came to Plyos I had big hopes for the couple to finally reunite and talk about things. But it was a far cry from what actually happened.

I feel really furious deep inside...

Princess Ruis doesn't deserve any of this.

None of them.

Everything was okay until that unnecessary punishment the older royals bestowed upon them.

I could never  blame his majesty for this.

He was just a victim too and knowing his persona, it's not easy for him to express himself especially if we're talking about yielding.

The moment we arrived at Winter Palace he announced that we will be staying in Peterhof and he didn't even listen to his parents' words. We quickly left the palace.

Back in Peterhof, I made sure that the younger royal was taken care of. Even his majesty kissed his son while he was sleeping. When everything was settled, he walked straight to his chamber's path and I followed him, waiting for further instructions before retiring to bed. Layers of doors to each room began closing as we walked past them one by one...

When he reached his bedroom, he closed his doors not even looking back nor acknowledging me.

I remained seated on the waiting chair beside the prince's huge doors for a while. As long as I don't get any instructions to call it a day, I cannot leave him.

Until I recieved a call from him.

"Go retire to bed now, Daniels. Thank you for today."

"Y-yes, your highness..."

I was waiting for him to hang up but the call remained connected. I still waited while walking my way back to my room when a sound coming from the other line made me suddenly stop.

On the other line...

I heard feeble cries.

As though all the strength he has, had vanish.

The prince who was known for his haughty and fearless character is crying like a child at this very moment.

Inside his room, thinking now that he's all alone.

My heart sank at the sound of this prince who people percieved to be cold and ruthless not knowing that he was dying inside all this time.

"Ruis..."

I felt tears escape my eyes as he helplessly uttered her majesty's name.