𝖙𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"For a moment I thought you weren't going to show up," Lucien spoke, exhaling the smoke of his usual cigar

"you said you have my money." I stated simply, "why wouldn't I?"

He chuckled and shook his head before motioning for one of his guards to retrieve something from the back of the car.

I watched the guard closely as he moved, realizing soon that he had pulled out a briefcase.

"A promise made is a Promise kept, here is your payment," Lucien spoke as his guard approached me.

First, he opened the briefcase allowing me to see all the bands of cash that had been laid out.

"Fifty thousand dollars, all yours." He spoke.

But just before I could reach for the briefcase, the man closed it and pulled back—prompting me to snap my head up at him in confusion.

"But—" Lucien spoke.

This caused me to look over at him this time, eyebrows creased in confusion.

"In taking this payment, in receiving this money...you agree to my earlier terms." He finished.

"remind me." I spoke, cutting my eyes suspiciously.

"You'll work under me—but you'll be making more money than you could ever imagine. It won't be petty, low-life things that Saduj had you doing. Accept this offer my friend, and you can make enough money to feed your entire generation." He stated.

Honestly, hearing that last part sold it more than anything else that he said.

"I'm still not understanding why you want me though—it doesn't make sense..." I stated honestly.

He was silent for a bit and only eyed me. His eyes lowered like he was trying to figure something out...like he was trying to figure me out.

"I told you, I know money when I see it—and you're money." He explained.

"Whether you know it now or not, you're made for this line of work. Saduj recognized it, that's why he kept you happy like he did. I too recognize it, which is why I'm offering you this olive branch of partnership.

This time I chose silence, honestly I didn't have anything else to really fight for, so why not do whatever it takes to take care of who I cared about? If I could make enough money to take care of everyone, then all of this would be worth it.