𝖋𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Immediately I lifted my gun at the sight of Jermaine, shocked by the fact he even thought showing up to my door was a good idea

That caused him to speak, "you might not wanna do that bro." He stated, holding his hands up defensively.

"You got 3 seconds to tell me why not..." I stated calmly, pointing the gun at his throat.

"1," I started counting.

"2," I continued.

"You kill me, and Saduj finds out you're letting witnesses live." He smirked, nodding towards the car pulled up in front of my house, "If my man's in 'nere sees you even look at me wrong, Saduj finds out everything."

wait.

For just a second my composure cracked, but as quickly as I could, I masked my emotions and kept my demeanor.

"Whoever you getting ya info from, they wrong," I stated

"You sure?" He questioned, holding up his phone to show a picture of Khalil and me talking on the street a couple of days ago.

He then swiped and showed a picture of us from the store earlier today.

His cocky smirk was present the whole time, like he finally had one up on me. With my usual attitude, I looked from the phone screen and then to him before tucking my gun.

"You got everybody 'round here fooled like you just this heartless killer that cares about no one, and fears no one." He stated.

"But me, I knew that was never true...I knew there was something." He chuckled.

"—and whoever this nigga is, he's that something." He spoke, pointing to the picture of Khalil.

"He ain't a witness..." I lied, crossing my arms.

"cut the bullshit red, we both know the truth." He scoffed.

"It took me less than an hour to find out he used to work up at that corner store we shut down. The one that old man ran—you think I'd never find out?" He ranted.