Chapter 25: The Tragic Death

I could see Harry's eyes widening with such rage and grief when he saw Dumbledore falling off the tower, he was clenching on his wand so strongly. I could feel him going frenzy at this point, whilst mother celebrated the death of Dumbledore and summoned the symbol of the Dark Mark on the sky. Snape grabbed Draco and went down the stairs, I rigidly pulled down Harry when I heard them running down the stairs. We stayed in a dark corner while kneeling, currently waiting for the right moment to get out. Finally, when the Death Eaters flew out, I sighed deeply and rose up. I looked down at Harry, he sat there like a fucking deformed mannequin. I offered my hand to him, for which he surprisingly refused and rose up himself.

I cleared my throat and gently patted him on the back. I spoke out feebly, "I.. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know Dumbledore was close to you."

He looked at me with his exhausted eyes, "Yeah, he was a great man. The only man who could've understand me." he spoke out and immediately walked out.

Where the fuck is he going now? Is he coming after them?

I hurriedly went after him and followed him from behind, suddenly, we heard glass shattering. It was coming from the Great Hall, all the allies were dark, meaning that it was already bedtime. There were no students in the halls, which is a good thing cause I won't be suspected for what happened here. Especially mother decided to take part of what happened. Apart from the loud glass shattering, Harry didn't mind at all. He continued walking in a rush whilst I followed him from behind. We spotted Draco walking in a rush with the other Death Eaters including Snape and mother, the people who guarded the castle were all laying on the floor dead. Whilst following them, I realized they were heading out to the forest. I had to stop there. I don't give a damn if Harry drops dead! But, I know who wouldn't be. If he were to be dead, that was father's job.

I stopped walking when Harry went after them into the forest, that was my cue there. I grinned slyly and decided to walk back to our common room and act like nothing happened. But, I have to think of an explanation for Matt and Victoria. Though.. what if they went after me? What if they're not inside the common room but out here somewhere inside the castle looking for me? I thought deeply while I walked. When I finally reached the common room, I stood still. I sighed deeply before going inside. There I saw Victoria and Matt sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace, when they heard the entrance opening, they hurriedly approached me.

"Where the fuck have you been, [F/n]?! We were worried sick!" Matt exclaimed and checked me out to see if I was alright.

I slapped away his hands and replied to him. "Chill, I was just wandering around the halls."

"You went after Draco.. What happened? Where is he" Victoria asked curiously.

I looked at her, my eyes full of anguish. Victoria was worried about her brother, but, how am I suppose to tell the truth to her? I knew it would be too heavy to take in. Especially that Draco is stuck in a horrible situation.

"How about we take this in my room and I'll explain everything." I said, gesturing towards my room as I went up the stairs whilst they followed behind.

I sat on my bed and so did Victoria, which sat beside me. Matt closed the door and locked it so that no one could burst inside in the middle of our private conversation.

He sat in front of us and asked. "So? What happened?"

"When.. Draco summoned the Death Eaters, I just realized that mother was also summoned with them. Draco left in the middle of the feast, and I went after him right? But I was already behind so I didn't get to see where he went, although, I checked his room and he wasn't there. That was when I realized that he lied to us. I thought where he might've gone to, when suddenly the Astronomy Tower popped out of my mind."