Chapter 26: RAB

It was early in the morning and I decided to go for a walk, particularly for fresh air - and you know where that is. The Astronomy Tower, since Victoria also wanted to freshen up from the tragic night, specifically saying she walked through the halls with me. We were still in our pajamas, the sun was half-way up, still the wind was freezing. I was wearing my thick hoodie and sweatpants, under the hoodie was only my tank top, and I wore my knitted beanie and UGG disquette slippers. Victoria on the other hand wore her knitted sweatshirt and sweatpants, and her UGG scuffette slippers. We were on our way on top of the tower when we heard familiar voices chattering, of course, it was the Golden trio. Me and Victoria looked at one another with smug grins on our faces, it's action time. We went up stairs and acted as if we were surprised to see the three of them up here.

They immediately got quiet when they saw the both of us. Perhaps, that was probably because Victoria was with me. Otherwise, they would've continued talking if they saw that I was alone.

"Hey, how have you been?" I asked Harry, which he was leaning against the railings, staring at the sunrise with Hermione. Ron was just sitting at the corner listening on their conversation.

"I'm doing well. Although, experiencing death isn't exactly a new thing for me." Harry responded with a raspy voice, his under eyes were dark and deep. Looks like he just finished crying.

"I'm sorry,"

"Don't be, it's not your fault. It's Snape's. It was always Snape." He muttered.

"Yeah, I can see that.. I actually looked up to him a bit. He was like a second father to me, I didn't know he could betray me like this."

"Yeah, I guess people aren't what they always seem." He spoke, staring deeply into my eyes with his ocean-blue glare. I kind of admit, it was appealing, especially under the sunlight.

"Um.. Can we talk to you privately? If that's alright." Hermione spoke.

I glanced over at Victoria who kinda looked disappointed since she wanted to be in it. Unfortunately, she didn't have a choice but to leave the Astronomy tower. When she left, Hermione exchanged places. Which she stood by my side, whilst I stood in between the two of them. Well, Ron was also intrigued to hear so he decided to stand next to Harry.

Thus, Hermione handed me over a necklace. Well, specifically a locket. I looked at her in confusion, and she gestured me to open it, for which I did. When I opened it, there was a tiny piece of parchment that was folded up. When I unfolded it, there was a writing.

"To the Dark Lord, I know I would be dead long before you read this. But, I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death, in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more. RAB."

I read out loud. I looked at the three of them looking stumped, having the thought of why were they letting me read this when the note was written obviously towards my father.

"We know Lord Voldemort is your father, but you've proven to us that we can trust you - and we hope that we can hold on to that. As long as you know where your loyalties lie." Hermione muttered.

"I understand.. All I care about is the safety of everyone, and I will choose what's right." I responded.

She nodded, believing me with all sincerity.