Chapter 3 - He is there

A bright ray of sunshine woke me up from my peaceful slumber. I grumped loudly and got up from the bed. I looked outside the window and I liked how the sun was brightly shining in the blue sky. It looked very beautiful.

I got myself freshened up and went downstairs to see that no one was at home. I saw a sticky note on the table that read,

'Dear Lexi, We will be out for most of the day. Help yourself to anything you like. Incase you need anything just call us. Our number is saved on the telephone list. Love, Jen'

I smiled at home kind Jennifer has been to me recently. Even though I haven't really gotten used to her way of living, she still accepts me as her daughter. I put the note back where it was and grabbed an apple from the fruit ball. I rinsed it in warm water and then took a huge bite off the side. I hadn't eaten properly in days and I think it was showing.

I slowly walked outside the house and noticed a gigantic truck standing outside. I believed they were movers as I saw people holding gigantic boxes and cartons. I watched them closely and realized that someone was moving into the house next to Nathan's. The street was getting more full, and I hoped it would get more lively.

I only saw one person standing outside the house, and it was a young looking lad. He would be around my age, I anticipated. He saw me watching him and smiled. I must say, he was attractive. Probably not as much as Nathan, but his face held some innocence that is attractive to every girl. I watched him as he paid the movers and they soon left. He started walking over to my house and I was a little creeped out. But I tried to be nice to a new person, just like how Nathan was to me.

"Hey!" I waved.

"Hey. You live here?" He asked as he looked toward the house.

"Yes. I'm new as well. Just moved a couple of weeks ago." I informed.

"Oh cool. I'm Ryan by the way." He said as he put his hand out for me to shake. I didn't hold a huge liking for formal introductions but I still went along with his politeness.

"I'm Lexi." I said as I put my hand in his and slowly shook it.

"That's a very nice name." He complimented, and I think I felt myself blush which was very embarrassing. He chuckled a little.

"I'm going to have a house warming party this weekend, and I'm hoping to see you there." He smiled, his very charming yet innocent smile.

"I'll try to make it." I said unsure about if Ms Green would be alright with it.

"Alright. I'll see you around." He said and slowly walked away. He turned once or twice to look back at me, but soon he disappeared into his house. I decided to take a walk in the foresty area as it seemed very beautiful and relaxing.

It was so calm, and the only sound was that off the silent breeze. But I was suddenly startled when I heard another batch of footsteps to my right. I swiftly turned around and so no one. It was more easier for me to see in daylight. To my dismay, I caught no one. I continued walking but I still didn't feel very comfortable. Suddenly, I felt someone charging after me, I turned around and let out a little scream. But again, there was no one there.

The fright had taken over my body, and I was extremely sure that someone was wanting something terrible out of me. No one was sick enough to simply go around scaring people. Maybe I am just paranoid, but I knew that someone was there watching my every step. I started to walk back, but I decided to take a different path. It was still in the deep foresty areas.

Suddenly something caught my eye. I saw droplets of blood and my eyes widened at the sight. I followed the droplets and reached the dead body of a rotten man. I covered my mouth to stop the screams that were about to engulf the forest. I swiftly walked back and started running back home. I didn't care about all the bushed and plants that were scraping my skin off. I just needed to run.