Chapter 19 - Don't hurt me

A week passed and Alex and Jennifer kept asking me questions about my disappearance. They didn't trust me when I told them that I was at a friend's place. They asked me what my friend's name was, but I would just ignore them and ask them to stop questioning me further. They knew something was wrong and I knew they wouldn't give up with the search.

Nathan kept a lot of distance from me which hurt me a lot. But I guess it was all for the best. I didn't want him involved into something so dangerous. So vicious. Someone like my own father. 

I was sitting my the porch when my phone buzzed in my pocket.

'you've been a good girl sweetie! Time to come back and see me one last time! x' The message read. I knew what was happening next. I knew every single detail of my father's plan.

For all the complication that he put me through, his crime plot was quite simple to analyze. He obviously hated the Greens with a burning passion.

My parents and the Greens were business partners. But the Greens were always a lot more successful in what they did, than my father.

My mother showed no kind of jealousy and still accepted Jennifer and Alexander as her true friends. However my father was the darker side of the moon. He wanted a lot more than the Greens, but his attributes were never good enough.

He plotted revenge for years and when my mother found out and threatened him, he managed to kill her and frame his own death as well. Everything seemed so perfect. His plan didn't even have a small wrinkle. Everything kept going just as he wished.

He then waited for the Greens to adopt me and possess me. That was the only way he could get to their money and take revenge for his own ignorant reasons.

He never saw the goodness in people. It was only the jealousy that had blinded his eye and turned his world into a darker place than hell. He could never feel love as all the nerves in his body were dead. He could never feel anything.

I realized that he found out I knew what he was going to do, and that I wasn't going to let him hurt the Greens even if he wanted to. I was going to get them somewhere safe, somewhere away from a murderer like him.

I walked back into the house with the phone in my hand. Jennifer was in the kitchen and I wanted to see her for one last time.

"Thank you for everything." I smiled at her and she came over and hugged me. Little did she know that this was the last time I would ever see her.

I walked into the room with Mr Green and watched him intently playing a video game. What a young fellow, I thought. I was too shy to talk to him so I just left.

There was only another person left, who I wanted to see. Nathan.

I left the house and walked down that street that brought back all the terrible memories. The worst months of life were pictured again and framed into my mind.

I walked into his garden, before slowly walking to his door. I rang the door bell and waited for him to open it. Luckily it was him and not his mother, or dad, or sister. He saw me and and was about to shut the door but I stopped him.

"Nathan wait." I exclaimed.

"If you're here to apologize, it's too late!" He replied.

"I know! I know I've hurt you. And I know you hate me! But I just wanted to tell you that I love you and I always will." I told him and noticed that he was about to cry. His eyes were going red and tears were starting to cover them.

"I've done some terrible things, and I've hurt you! I know I have. But I didn't do it because I wanted to. I could never dream of hurting you and I want you to know that!"

He just stared at me without saying a word as a tear cascaded down his cheek.

"I'm leaving, and I just want you to know, that I'm grateful for everything you've done for me." I said before stepping back and getting ready to leave. 

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him before joining our lips into a passionate kiss. His touch made me melt inside and I just wanted to stay with him, but I couldn't.

"I love you." He mumbled against my lips. I slowly pushed him away and wiped the tears that had wet my cheeks.

"Goodbye Nathan." I whispered as I started walking away. But he pulled me back again.

"You can't do this!" He cried.

"I can't hurt you!" I told him before pushing his hands away. I then turned around and walked away. Luckily he didn't follow me. I didn't want him into this, this was my fight now.

I walked to the highway as my father had instructed and I waited for his car. He pulled over in front of me and opened the door to the passenger seat. I got inside and shut it.

"Happy to see me again love?" He smirked. I didn't say anything and buckled my seat belt. He started driving and the silence filled the air for a couple of hours.. until we reached our destination.

It was the old apartment. The one where I lived my parents.

"Happy to be here?" He asked.

Again, I didn't reply and got out of the car. We walked up the stairs and he unlocked the door to the apartment. Everything was neat, and the place hardly looked like how it was when I last saw it. He led me to a room, and there I saw her.

My mother.

She looked miserable. Yet beautiful.

She wasn't dead either

---

Second Last chapterrrrrrrrr!

Vote/Fan ;) please :*

-Ella x