Chapter 9 - Worse..

2 weeks went by and only worse text messages started coming from the mysterious creeper. I tried to ignore it as much as I could, but fear kept seeping down my veins.

It had been pretty usual for the Greens to be away on a business tour and me being all alone, scared to even take a glance out of the window, let alone step outside. Nathan always visited though. And some nights he would just stay over. But most of the time, his mother wasn't alright with him staying out of the house too long. And I totally understood her. This wasn't the safest neighborhood and I was certain about that.

There were sounds from downstairs of the door bell ringing. I sprinted down the stairs and opened it, only to see Ryan.

"Hey!" I exclaimed as I hugged him. I hadn't seen him this whole while, and I had started missing him.

"Where have you been?" I asked.

"Home! I was visiting my family." He chuckled.

"Oh. Was it fun?" I asked as I gestured him inside the house. I shut the door behind me and locked it.

"Yep. It was great." He replied as he smiled. We walked into the living room and sat on the couch.

"What you been up to?" He asked starting a conversation.

"Well.. erm.. nothing. Just lazing around here." I giggled. He chuckled back and he was so gorgeous when he smiled. It wasn't appropriate for me to think like that whilst being with Nathan but I just had to make a few points.

"Would you like a cup of tea?" I asked. He nodded his head and I got up to go to the kitchen. There was another door bell, so I walked to get it. It was Nathan and he grinned as he saw me. He pulled me by the waist and kissed my lips for a good few seconds.

"Someone missed me." I giggled as he kissed my cheek and hugged me.

"Yes I did." He kissed my shoulder as he wouldn't let me go.

"Nath.. Ryan's here." I said and he immediately pulled away, not looking that happy anymore! I wondered what his problem was. Sometimes he is all best friends with Ryan. And the other times he is just terrorizing him with looks.

I pulled him into the house and shut the door behind him.

"Cuppa?" I asked and he nodded like a child. He made his way into the living room, while I headed to the kitchen. I flicked the kettle on and I was waiting for it to boil. Whilst doing that, I stared outside the window into the lovely forest, that was most beautiful. It creeped me out, but it sure was a wonderful sight.

I was pulled out of my trance as the kettle finished boiling. I poured the water into the 3 cups I had put out already with tea bags and sugar. I didn't like milk in my tea, but Nathan and Ryan did so I poured a bit of milk into theirs. Then I headed slowly with the 3 cups of tea and handed it over to them. They thanked me and as usual they were both lost into their football games.

I didn't understand Nathan or his behavior. One minute, he is throwing daggers at Ryan who hasn't done anything to him. And the other minute he's talking to him about his favorite sport. I was starting to get slightly concerned about him, but then I shook the thoughts away.

The rest of the day, just went with us chatting on the couch and watching some telly occasionally. Nathan's phone buzzed in his pocket so he got it out to read a text message off his mum.

"I'll be back in a bit yeah? Mum needs me." He said as he got up. He leaned down and pecked my lips before making an exit.

"I'm bored." Ryan slumped back onto the couch.

"mmm, would you like a house tour?" I asked, to making things better for him.

"That would be great." He smiled as he got up.

I started with showing him Mr Green's massive bar. It was amazing. Then we moved onto the indoor swimming pool. Everything was so tidily maintained. Then I showed him the bedrooms on the ground floor. Then we moved onto the massive laundry room. I didn't get why the Greens needed this room as they were only 3 of us here. Then there was a gaming room with a massive screen. I never went there as I wasn't much of a gamer. But Ryan quite liked that room a lot!

Then I showed him my cosy little bedroom. And a few more bedrooms.

Towards the end it was starting to get a bit boring so we stopped! Ryan told me had to see some friends and left. I was all alone again.

I decided to take a swim, so I was just running up to get my swimwear when Nathan came back.

"Hello again!" He chimed with his classic grin. "Is Ryan still here?" He asked as he looked around.

"No." I replied.

He looked happier when I said that and I returned a confused look.

"Nath, do you have a problem with Ryan?" I asked.

"No ofcourse not!"

"Then why do you behave so weirdly when he is around?" I questioned, wanting a truthful reply.

"I never behave weirdly around him!!" Nath defended.

"Yes you do! Don't lie!" I argued.

"Babe I'm not!" He said sweetly but I knew he was hiding something.

"Honestly??" I asked annoyed.

"What's your problem? Why are you starting an argument?" He questioned.

"I'm not!"

"Yes you are! Did you not want me to come then? Did you want to be alone with Ryan???"

"I didn't say that!"

"Then what are you trying to say??" He asked angrily.

"Nothing. I just had a feeling you didn't like Ryan." I said accepting defeat. This was our first argument and he looked extremely angry with me.

"I should probably just go." He said angrily and turned to walk away. I grabbed onto his wrist and pulled him back.

"I'm sorry!" I said softly.

"Don't be like that again." He said softly and pulled me into him.

Me fighting with Nathan were only going to make things worse...