Chapter 8 - Next time

"Lex!!.. Lexii!" I felt a concerned voice shaking me from my unconscious state. My eyes started fluttering as I tried to focus on the room around me. That's when I saw a concerned looking Nathan starting down at me. I turned around to see cops in my house, and they were investigating the place. There was blood on the wall that I was lying next to and my head was hurting very bad.

"Lexi, babe, I was only gone for a bit.. and I came back and you were on the ground." Nathan said extremely quickly. That is when I remembered that I came down looking for Nathan. And then I remembered the intruder in my house and shook a little.

"What's wrong?" He asked, noticing my change in behavior.

"There was someone inside the house. And they told me that they would kill me. And they had a knife!" I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek. Nathan hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"Nobody's going to even touch you." He whispered and kissed me again.

"Don't leave like that." I told him.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. Then a cop walked over to us. Nathan got up and put his hand out for me to take.

"Ms Carter, we will have to ask you a few questions. Mr Sykes I believe it was you who found her and called 999."

"Yes." Nathan nodded. "I was here last night, but I went home because my mother called me. And I was to return in a bit, and I did. And I found her unconscious, with her head bleeding and blood stains on the wall." Nathan said descriptively.

"Ms Carter, do you remember anything." He asked and I started trembling at the thought of that person.

"I don't know. I came down looking for Nathan and suddenly someone pulled me behind. I was extremely scared and they told me that they were going to kill me. They had a knife and they were about to slit my throat. That is all I can remember." I told them still shaking with fear. Nathan wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into him.

"Do you have any idea how they got into the house?" The police officer asked politely.

"No." I shook my head.

"Alright. Thank you Ms Carter. We are going to process all the evidence we can. And your guardians will informed soon." He said and walked away. Nathan looked down at me and kissed my head.

"I was so scared when I saw you like that." He whispered. I didn't say anything and leaned further into him. Suddenly, I saw Ryan walking into my house as the cops were leaving. He looked extremely concerned and walked swiftly over to me.

"Is everything alright?" He asked, looking scared.

"Now it is." I replied. He pulled me into a hug and lightly kissed my temple. I saw Nathan look away and walk to the other side of the room.

"How did this happen?" He asked as he touched my forehead and examined the wound.

"I don't know." I shrugged uneasily. I didn't feel as comfortable as I was with Nathan. Not that I didn't like Ryan. I found him to be extremely sweet and caring, but one part of me wanted to be with Nathan.

"You must take care." He said as he looked deeply into my eyes. I stared into his and felt something I shouldn't have. His care and sweetness was now starting to allure me. I slowly pushed him off and stepped away as I started feeling weird.

Nathan came back to where we were and looked at Ryan, not seeming very happy.

"Maybe we should do something. The three of us." I suggested. They both shrugged and I pulled both of them by their arms into the living room. I turned on the TV and propped myself on the couch with both of them on my sides.