Chapter 18 - Dad

"You're alive!" I exclaimed as mixed emotions hit me. I didn't know if I should be happy or sad because of the most unexpected outcome.

"Aren't you happy to see me sweetie?" He asked with a sarcastic look. And suddenly uncle Jake stepped from behind him. He wore that blue hoodie, revealing the man who had been stalking all this while.

I haven't told you much about Uncle Jake. But he was a hardcore alcoholic and my mother disliked him a lot because he used to pour pestilence into my dad's ear. But I still thought my parents were as strong as ever. I would never imagine my father to have killed her.

"You killed mom?" I asked as more tears started flowing out of my eyes.

"Well.. she deserved to die!" He gritted his teeth as he gave me the most scariest expression. I rose from the ground and decided to run away from him as he was starting to scare me.

But he chased after me and grabbed hold of my middle. I tried kicking him off but his grip was strong.

"Don't Lex! DON'T" He ordered as he calmed me down. But I only broke down further knowing that my father was making me feel so scared. That father who used to walk me to school, the one who I cried about my first heartbreak to. Every small memory played in my head as my father held me tight.

"No ones going to hurt you if you behave." He whispered into my ear.

Uncle Jake threw an evil smirk in my direction as my father started walking me back to that house. He placed me on one of the chair and kneeled down in front of me.

The way he looked at me made me never want to hate him. The truth was, I could never hate him. After all that he's done, I could never wash out all the childhood memories he has given me and all the love that he and mom used to shower me with.

"Why are you doing this dad?" I stuttered as a few tears escaped my eye.

He took a deep sigh and stared back into my eye.

"Has your mother never taught you to mind your own flipping business!" He yelled in my face and fear crept up my nerves. I started breathing harder and my father started chuckling evilly in front of me.

"Alright Sweetie! Here's the situation! You go back to the Greens and act like nothing's happened. That dog called Alexander Green has started to suspect that my dead body wasn't actually my body!! He is obviously right, but the police don't have to know that love! So you get back to the house and tell him nothing happened. And if you, even by mistake.. open up that little filthy mouth of yours, you will be in for a nice treat." He spat in my face as he got up.

"Now get out of my sight!" He ordered. I stood up swiftly and went for the door.

"Wait." He stopped me. He slyly walked to me and stood close to me.

"Remember! One word about this and you're dead meat." He whispered as he disgustingly kissed my cheek.

I pulled away and walked out of the house. My head was spinning and I had no idea what to do. I started walking to the road, and it looked like it was early in the morning. I highly doubted I would get anything known as a cab.

But luckily I saw one coming my way.

He stopped in front of me and I got inside and I told him my address. He kindly listened and drove off. In a good 40 minutes, I was back to the place I wanted to see. I pulled out some cash from my pockets and luckily I had enough money. I paid him the money and he thanked me before driving off.

I walked to the door and took a deep breath before knocking on it. Jennifer opened the door and her eyes went wide when she saw me standing there. She looked like she was about to cry until she pulled me into one of her cozy hugs.

"Where the heck have you been?" She asked as she pulled away. She touched my face and examined it to see if I was ok.

"I was just at a friends place." I lied, awkwardly.

"What?" Her question barely came out as a whisper.

"I was at a friends place back in London." I shrugged my shoulders and walked past her. I felt terribly disrespectful and I heard Jennifer following me.

"Nathan told us you were kidnapped." She exclaimed. "The police were after you Lexi!!"

"THE POLICE? WHO ASKED YOU TO CALL THE POLICE?" I screamed as I remembered my dad's words.

"You don't talk to me like that young lady! Nathan told us to call the police."

"Well he's nuts! I was just at a friend's place alright!" I exclaimed as I walked to my room. I slammed it and shut and fell face down onto my bed. That was all I needed! Sleep!

But somebody came barging into my room to ruin my peace. Surprisingly it was Nathan. My eyes lit as I saw him and I jumped into his arms. He kissed my cheek multiple times and examined my face.

"You're alright!" He smiled happily. But I pulled away from him and pushed him away slightly. I remembered my dads plan and Nathan was only going to ruin it.

"You should go." I said as I looked to the ground.

"Why?" He asked angrily like he sensed something fishy. "What did they do to you? Who are they?" He bombarded me with questions.

"It's none of your business Nathan!" I replied. He looked sad that I would talk to him like that.

"Why are you being like this?" He asked, his voice lower than usual.

"Just go Nathan! It's for the best!" I replied as the tears started stinging my eyes.

"So this is it? Are we done then?" He asked. I looked up at him to see the redness in his eyes telling me that he was about to cry.

"I'm sorry." Was all I could say back.

He left the room and I realized that I just lost the one guy I loved from the deep corners of my heart. I fell onto the bed before clutching my pillow and crying further into it. I was done with life.

I was done with everything.

---

Hellloooo! This will be the third last chapter and here it comessss :) tell me what you thought through comments.

Vote/fan ;)

-Ella x