Chapter 7 - Only the beginning

Soon the sirens from the police cars were heard. People came rushing in and Nathan and I were moved away from the crowd. Nathan grabbed my hand as he swiftly started walking away.

"We are going to go back alright?" He said as we walked to the parking area. I was too shocked and stunned to even reply or think straight. We got into the car and Nathan started driving at a very high speed.

Nathan's eyes were on the road, but I noticed him looking at me every now and then. But I was still too shocked to move. My phone started buzzing in my pocket and I quickly pulled it out. It was from Jennifer.

'We will not be returning until day after tomorrow. Alex and I have some business matters to settle. Stay safe at home dear! - Jen x'

"Great" I muttered to myself.

I sent her a quick reply saying I will be fine on my own, but I wasn't sure if I would. I knew nothing about the house even though I've lived in it for a good deal of time. I didn't know anything about it's security system and at that point I felt most unsafe.

"What's wrong?" Nathan asked, as he noticed my uneasiness.

"Mr and Mrs Green aren't going to be home until day after tomorrow!" I told him.

"Oh, would you like me stay over?" He asked kindly.

"No. I don't want to trouble you."

"That is hardly trouble." He chuckled. I smiled at him as he continued driving. In about an hour, we reached our place again. Nathan pulled over in front of my house and I was about to get out until he grabbed my hand.

"Forget about what happened today alright?" He spoke nicely. I nodded and he leaned in and kissed me. I was starting to develop deep feelings for this lad, and it was getting more difficult to control them. I didn't know if it was a good or a bad thing to feel like this for someone when I was so young. But age is only a number I thought.

"Call me if you need me." He whispered and I nodded. I pecked his lips one last time before getting out. He drove away immediately and I walked into the house. I unlocked the door with the key I had and went inside. The lights were off and it looked very scary. I flicked the switch on and still didn't feel very safe.

I decided to go up to my room and get changed. As I was walking up my phone buzzed again. It was from an unknown number and I wondered who it could be.

'Next time, I won't miss the shot lovely ;)' I immediately dropped my phone and watched it crash to pieces. Obviously some one was onto me and wanted to see me die. That bullet shot in the city was meant for me. I was right when I said I saw the man in the hoodie. I ran up to my room and into the toilet. I was starting to feel sick and soon felt a warm liquid rise up my throat. I lifted the toilet lid and puked into it. It wasn't a very good sight. I then quickly washed up and got changed.

Lots of things were running through my mind as I thought about the shooting and a possible suspect to do it. I walked downstairs to get some evidence off of my phone, but noticed that it was completely broken. I caught hold of it and tried fixing it but nothing worked. In frustration, I threw it against the wall and that just damaged it more. Probably making it unfix-able.

I ran to my room and shut the window and pulled down the blinds. I did that for all the blinds and curtains around the house as I wanted nobody to watch me. I made sure that the door was locked, and the security system was turned on.

I was startled when the door bell started ringing. I walked slowly to it, scared who would be behind the door. I grabbed something in defense and slowly began opening it. To my surprise it was Nathan. I dropped the fire poker I had for defense and looked at him confused.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Your phone seems off, so I was just checking if you were alright."

"Why wouldn't I be?" I argued.

"Calm down. I will go if you want me to." He raised his arms in defense.

"Sorry." I muttered and looked at him. He looked extremely confused at my behavior. "I didn't mean to rant. I was just not expecting anyone." I told him nicely. I took hold oh his hand and apologized again.

"It's alright babe." He smiled as he leaned closer and pecked my cheek. I was freezing as I only had a pair of shorts and a tank top on. I pulled Nathan inside and shut the door.

"What happened to your phone?" He asked.

"Dropped it. It broke." I sighed.

"Sorry to hear that." He chuckled like it was funny to not have a phone anymore. I wanted to tackle him to the ground and punch him, but I held it in. We sat down on the couch and I rested my head on Nathan's shoulder as he flung his arms around me.

"I'm so tired." I mumbled into his neck.

"Maybe you should get some sleep." He said as he kissed my head and stroked my hair.

"Maybe I should." I whispered as I stood up. I pulled him along with me and into my room. It was neat, I must say but it looked so dark. I crawled into bed and Nathan stood there awkwardly.

"You can crawl in to." I said sweetly and he laughed. He got onto my bed and I pulled the cover over us. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he did around my waist. I pecked his lips before closing my eyes and going into a peaceful slumber.

-

When I woke up the next morning. Nathan wasn't there. I slowly rolled the sheets off and walked down the stairs rubbing my eyes. There was no one in sight and I was starting to get slightly worried. I wondered if Nathan would just leave without telling me.

Suddenly I felt someone grab my mouth from behind and a knife placed in front of my neck.

"This time, you won't get away.." They mumbled into my neck and I whimpered.

---

OOoooo! What's happening to Lexi?? Comments are well appreciated! :D

Vote/fan;)

-Ella x