Chapter 4 - Hurts like you

A few weeks went by and Nathan and I were still going close. But he hadn't openly asked me to be his girlfriend, so I didn't really know what was happening. I didn't quite like hanging on the topic. I just wanted him to officially ask me out, which he obviously hasn't!

I continued doing some of my course work on my laptop, when Jennifer knocked on my door.

"Come in" I said nicely.

"Hey honey. Nathan's here to see you. Should I send him up?" She asked. It was coincidental that I was thinking about him and he had to come then. But then again, I was always thinking about him. He was the only thing on my mind.

"Yes. That would be nice." I told her.

"Alright. Be good." She said as she closed the door and walked away. After a few minutes, another batch of soft knocks were heard from the door.

"Come in." I said and saw Nathan's beautiful face. He walked over to me and pulled me in for a sweet kiss. I shut the door behind him as I hadn't told Jennifer yet that Nathan and I were kind of together. But it was actually because I wasn't sure what Nathan wanted out of this relationship.

"How are you?" He asked as he kissed my cheek.

"Good. You?" I asked.

"Same." He nodded.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he looked at my computer screen.

"Course work." I shrugged.

"Do you want to take a walk with me?" He asked.

"Sure." I said as I grabbed my coat and a pair of trainers. I quickly put them on and noticed Nathan staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Come on!" He said as he put his hand forward for me to take. We slowly made our way down the stairs and outside the house. I saw Ryan standing outside his house and remembered his house warming party.

"Oo.. Ryan has his house warming party this weekend." I said.

"Who's Ryan?" Nathan asked.

"The bloke who moved in there." I said pointing to his house.

"Oh.." He trailed off and looked away unhappily. I could never tell what Nathan thinking sometimes and his mood changes ever so often that I was getting slightly creeped out. Yet underneath, I saw this very nice and genuine guy that I was starting to develop deep feelings for.

Nathan grabbed my hand and we started walking down the street, hand in hand. He played with my fingers and smiled at me every now and then.

We soon reached the lake and Nathan and I decided to sit down. My hand was still firmly gripped by his.

"Lexi, I just wanted to ask you something.." He began.

"What?" I asked.

"Like I've already told you a million times, I really like you." He whispered as he stroked my cheek. The sun was setting and it was all perfect. "I just wanted to know if you felt the same way about me.." He said.

"I like you too Nathan!" I said and he smiled at me. He inched closer and joined our lips in another slow yet passionate kiss. He pulled away as our foreheads were touching. "Can I tell the world that I have the most perfect girlfriend then?" He asked.

"Yes." I chuckled. I pulled his face to mine and placed a deep kiss on his lips. I was happy that we were officially together. I was just tired of us just kissing with no meaning behind it. I just looked like a slag and so did he.