Chapter 14 - Run as fast as you can

Nathan slowly covered my eyes with his hand and pulled me back into the house. The sight was horrendous and there was blood every where. They had been shot more than once, and my heart had already started to panic as I soon imagined my self in that situation.

Nathan pulled me close to his body and tried to get me relaxed, but nothing was working at that point. It was like those moments when you feel like everything is at a dead end, and there is nowhere more to turn. It was like I was trapped inside a room, which was getting smaller as time passed. The walls in my throat had started to get dry, and the uncomfortable feeling rushed through my veins as I thought about the bodies.

"You didn't see that Lexi! Alright? Everything will be fine." Nathan said as he kissed my head. His touch nor his words were soothing enough to make the fear go away.

"I.. I am going to die. They are going to get me." I mumbled softly as I started losing my head.

"No! They're not!" Nathan exclaimed. "We're going to be safe alright? I'll keep you safe." He whispered.

Nothing worked and I pulled away from him and ran upstairs. He followed me and tried to catch up with me. I needed something called air, which I had lost ever since I saw those bodies. I just couldn't get the picture out of my mind and it was an awful feeling. It only reminded me of that one night that basically ruined my life. The day I saw my parents dead. Nobody goes home, waiting to find the dead bodies of their parents.

I climbed onto my bed and pulled the duvet over me. Nathan came into the room and gave me a sympathetic smile. I wasn't in the state to say anything back to him, so I didn't! Slowly my eyes started feeling tired and darkness took over me......

-

When I woke up, it was already dark and everything was so silent. There was no movement noise inside the house and it was actually very scary. I grabbed my phone and decided to call Nathan. Luckily, he picked up on the first ring.

"Hey babe." He answered.

"Nath. I'm sorry about morning.."

"Don't worry about it. I understand! Are you alright now?"

''Yes! Thanks."

"Do you want me to come over?"

"If you want to!" I said as I got up from the bed! That's when I heard a noise coming from the ground floor. My throat started throbbing as my mind went dead.

"Lexi? You alright?" Nathan questioned but I didn't reply. I hung up and tried to remain silent.

My heart started racing as I heard soft footsteps coming my way. I slowly crawled under the bed and hid under it. The bedroom door flung open and I tried to keep my breathing as soft as possible. My eyes started tearing as I saw the feet of my intruder and stalker! They obviously had a fag as the smell of smoke had filled the air. They looked around the room and slowly left when they found nothing.

My heart was still racing like a washing machine! I slowly decided to crawl out of my hide and to make a run out of the house. I started tip toeing to the door and slowly poked my head out of it. There was no one which scared me even more!

"Looking for me?" I suddenly heard a voice and saw a man who's eyes were covered with his hat. I couldn't really recognize him but his evil smirk had already given me a heart attack. I didn't think much and sprinted down the stairs. I could hear him run after me and I started running faster. I quickly unlocked the door and jumped out of the house. My phone started ringing in my pocket and I guessed it was Nathan! I really wanted him to be there to save me! But that wasn't going to work out then.

My first option was to run into the forest and that's what I did! I sprinted into the thorny bushes not even slightly concerned about my body. I just didn't want to die.

I could hear his footsteps after me, but I still continued running. I had started to get tired and I was out of breath. My body was very weak and I started slowing down. My vision was terrible and everything started to spin.

Soon I collapsed onto the forest soil.. As everything went black!

---

Sorry it's short but I just didn't want you guys waiting too long. I hope you like it, and please tell me what you thought in the comments :)

Vote/fan ;)

-Ella x