Chapter 2 - Nicely

I had already missed a week of school, as the Greens lived very far away from the city. Mr Green had his own work to attend so he couldn't drop me. Ms Green suggested that I changed schools but I wasn't very keen on doing that. I acted most awkwardly in situations such as 'first day at school'. I told her that I will find a way to get to school myself. But I hadn't figured one out in a week.

I was sitting in the garden of the house, surfing on my iPad. I watched as Nathan was walking back to his house. In the past week, I hadn't been able to get this lad out of my mind. There was something about him, that made me think of him all the time. I didn't really know him as a person, but I must say that I was extremely attracted to him.

He noticed me looking at him and gave me a smile. I smiled back to not be rude. He walked into our compound and came over to me.

"Hey." He flashed his perfect set of teeth at me. Everything about this boy seemed perfect to me.

"Hey!" I said as I got up from my spot.

"I am having a party in the evening at my place! You wanna come?" He asked.

"Erm.. I don't know any of your friends.." I said awkwardly.

"You know me! I'll keep you company!" He chuckled.

"I dont know.." I said as I was unsure.

"Please.." He showed me his puppy eyes and I couldn't reject to that. I stared at him for a while before nodding slowly.

"Yay." He clapped his hands. "I'm going to get things ready now! You want to help?" He asked.

"Sure." I smiled. "I'll just tell Ms Green." I said as I turned around to walk. He followed me and walked into the house with me.

"Jennifer, I'm going to go over to Nathan's for a party. Is that ok?" I asked nicely.

"That's alright lovely. Just take care of yourself! Alright?" She replied nicely.

"Hey Mrs Green." Nathan greeted her. Jennifer has told me that Nathan was a very nice and respectful lad. I was quite happy to hear that from her.

Soon we were heading to Nathan's place to get it ready for a party. I walked into the house to notice that it was empty.

"Where's your mum and dad?" I asked.

"Oh they're out! They're not in town!" He replied and I nodded.

We started off by setting up the tables in the way Nathan wanted it. We had a little arguments in which the table should go, but then we settled on his idea as it was his party after all. I could see a little friendship going on between me and Nathan. Before this it was just awkward 'hi's and 'hello's!

Once we finished the tables, Nathan showed me his bar and we got a few drinks out to place on the tables. We set out glasses on the sides and then it was just the part of cleaning up a tiny little mess. Once that was done, everything looked quite good. He got out the music player and stuff like that and I just helped him in case he wanted me to do anything.

"Thank you so much Lexi. You're lovely!" He said once we were done.

"No worries." I smiled.

"I wouldn't have managed this without you!" He said as he hugged me. It was a little awkward as I barely knew him, but I tried hiding it.

"I'm going to freshen up." I said as we pulled away.

"Ok." He nodded. I noticed as his face went down when I said I will be leaving.

"I'll be back." I chuckled. He laughed along and walked me to the door. As I was walking out, I noticed another girl walking into his house. She looked like a typical slut to me, but maybe I was just judging her too quick.