Chapter 20 - What matters

"Lexi!" She exclaimed as she ran over to me and hugged me. She engulfed me into her arms and let a warm feeling rush through my veins. I had missed her so much!

She moved me away from my father and threw daggers at him.

"Don't you dare touch my daughter Andrew!" She warned.

He just laughed and looked at us like we were laughing stocks.

"After all the torture Monique, you are one tough bird I must say." He commented.

"Well your evil plans are only going to work for a few days babe." She smirked back. I loved how strong my mother was, and I was so happy to see her alive! At least I had somebody to care for me now.

"Well you both are going to die together. Aren't you? That's good enough for me." He smirked as he raised his gun into the air. My mother pulled me into her and turned around so that the gun was only pointing to her.

"Don't mum!" I cried into her chest.

"It's going to be alright." She whispered as she kissed my forehead.

"Don't do it dad!!!!" I exclaimed but then there was the sound of the trigger and I shut my eyes tightly as the fear engulfed my atmosphere.

--

I opened my eyes 30 seconds later as I felt my mother panting heavily. She looked down at me, and she seemed alright. Police invaded the house, and I noticed the body of my father lying on the ground, lifeless.

My mother didn't let go off me, and I held onto her tightly as I cried the loss of my own father. He may have been evil, and he may have been terrible, but he will always be my father!

-

I was sat outside the building as the paramedics were checking my mother and treating her for all the torture my dad had caused to her. I looked to my right, and I saw Nathan walking towards me. I didn't expect to see him there, so I stood up and ran to him. He tightly wrapped his arms around me as I pushed my head into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry." I whispered into his shoulder repeatedly.

"Shh! It's alright!" He replied as he kissed my neck. He pulled away and stared at my face before pushing his lips to mine. I gladly kissed him back and felt the sparks in the air for the millionth time. I was so happy to have him back, safe and sound.

"I love you." I mumbled against his lips and he smiled lightly before kissing me again. It felt like a dream, but I was lucky enough to call it reality.

We pulled away and I figured out that Nathan knew the whole story about my parents and their deaths and how none of them were actually dead. Except for now. Now my father was really gone.

But the filthy plan imposed by my own father to take revenge was not a secret anymore. It had all opened up and the case was shut for the good of everything.

My mother was back and I had Nathan. The Greens were also a huge part of my life.

I was happy.

That's all that mattered.

------

Sorry it's short and crappy! :( But I still hope you guys enjoyed it x

So that's the end!! *sniff Sniff* I loved writing this! Tell me what you thought in the comments below and vote/fan ;)

I'll miss you guys

-Ella x