Chapter 17 - Open up

I woke up in a room that looked like someone's bedroom. I slowly crawled off the soft and cozy bed to see what was happening outside. As soon as I stood up a shooting pain went down my head and I felt like I was having a hangover. Even worse if I was more precise. I slowly made my way to the door and slowly looked outside it.

There were 4 men outside, eating and drinking alcohol. I walked back to the bed and let my emotions take over me. But then I decided to use my brain for a second. I tried to think of a plan to escape from the hands of these awful people. I scanned the room and noticed there was only 1 window. I walked to the window and looked down it. I assumed we were on the third floor due to the height from the ground. I pulled the curtain down slowly and decided to make a rope for myself. I tied one end to a knob on the window and I let the other end to fall freely outside the window.

But suddenly I heard the door open up with a crash. I started panicking and tried to make a jump for it. However I was pulled back by my hair and I screamed in pain.

"everytime.. everytime I get you.. you make a run for it! And you escape!!" he gritted his teeth as he pulled harsher.

"What do you want? " I asked as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"You will find out soon." He whispered into my ear as his filthy alcohol filled breath lingered into my nose.

He swiftly threw  me to the ground before making an exit. I couldn't get a good look of his face but something in his voice told me we had met in the past. But I couldn't figure out who it exactly was..

His accomplices lifted me off the ground and placed me on the bed. They grabbed my arms and legs and tied them to it so that I wouldn't make another escape.

"Please let me go!" I begged the man who seemed at least a little decent. He gave me a sympathetic look when his mate wasn't looking. He looked like he did not want to work here but he was being forced. He wanted to help me but he couldn't!

They both left the room once they were done and I just continued bawling my eyes out. My life felt so miserable and I didn't even know why I was in such a state. I couldn't recall committing any such sins that somebody is taking revenge for.

-

Few our passed and I rotted in my own thoughts and cries. I wanted to know where Nathan was. I wanted to know he was safe.

Safe.

What a word! Something I've never felt ever since my parents left me. Nothing felt safe when I came to this deserted area with Mr and Mrs Green. The people out here are also hard to trust.

Ryan. A guy who I considered a good friend, but he only turned creepier as days went. He seemed a little too attached to me! Something I really disliked.

Nathan. I still don't know if I could trust him, but I knew that I was deeply in love with him. His presence would just lighten up my mood by a million orders of magnitude.

Mr Green. I was extremely grateful to both the Greens for adopting me and giving me everything I wanted in that house. But Mr Green always seemed over the edge over EVERYTHING. It had gone so far, that I'm starting to get a a little suspicious of him.

Jennifer. She was an amazing step mother and I couldn't thank her more. But sometimes she just seems too good to be true.

Was I being selfish and ignorant? I was doubting the only people that mattered in my life! Probably I did deserve all this torture.. or even death!

Death! What a scary feeling! You never really expect it to happen, but it does! I knew these people wanted to kill me and that's why they are keeping me here. But I didn't really know why.

I didn't want to die! Nobody wants to die! I want to find the person who killed my parents before joining them! I really wanted to take revenge to the sick-minded people who would kill two kind souls such as Monique and Andrew Carter.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as the door flung open, and the man who seemed like he wanted to help me was stood there. He held a plate with food in his hand but I was hardly willing to eat.

He placed the plate on the side table before untying my hands.

"Please let me out!" I whispered close to tears and he looked at me with a sad expression.

"I would if I could!" He mumbled and passed the plate over to me. "This is for you. Eat it fast because I have to tie you back up." He spoke.

"I know you don't want to keep me here! Those people out there are controlling you. I know you want to escape!" I told him.

"You know nothing!"

"I know a lot more than you think."

"well good! Now eat fast and let me go!" He exclaimed. He was scared. I could sense it in his tone that he was scared.

"Can I just ask you another question?"

"Speak."

"Where is Nathan?" I asked.

"They drugged him and returned him to his family. He should be there right now." He spoke.

"ok." I mumbled and took a bite of the sandwich.

"How old are you?" He asked as he scanned my wounds and my face.

"20. why?" I asked.

He just didn't say anything and continued staring at my wounds. He looked like he was sorry. Suddenly he started taking the knots out of my leg and my stomach and set me free.

"I'm not going to let them hurt you." He said as he pulled me off the bed. He slowly peeped out of the room to make sure the living room was clear. He then quickly grabbed my hand and started walking me to the door. He successfully unlocked it and then pulled me out. We ran down the stairs and heard noised coming from the top floor. 

We were running through the car park until there was gun firing. He protected me by pushing me out of the way and taking the shot for himself. It hit him right in the stomach and he slowly fell to the ground. 

I kneeled down and placed his head on my lap as I cried. 

"I'm sorry." He mumbled and then stopped breathing. It was all my fault. I influenced him into making an escape and now he was dead. 

They started coming for me and I didn't know what to do. 

I looked up to see the last person who I thought would want to hurt me.

Andrew Carter. My blood father.

---

Heyya people! How are you lovelies? Anywhoo! Here comes the next chapter and I intend on finishing this story soon! My finals are in less than a month and as you are all aware I will disappear for a month or even more. These will be one of the last chapters of this book and I know it's sad.

I will miss each and everyone of you dearly and I hope to speak to you all soon. In order to contact me, you can use my kik messenger id which is 'ebfnath' or my email id is ellanathbelle@gmail.com

Thank you so much for making my time on wattpad a very memorable one! I love you all!

-Ella x