Prologue

"Lexi! Stop! You're going to get drunk!" Samia babbled to me. But I wasn't paying even half my attention to her. I ordered as many shots as I could and downed them all simultaneously.

"Lex. Your mum's not going to be happy about this!" She warned me but I couldn't be bothered to listen. I chucked more of that alcohol down my throat, blocking me from the real world.

That was me. Alexis Ivy Carter. I was a student going to college by morning, and a party rocker by the night. My parents didn't know about the night side of me. I guessed it was better that way than having them tell me how wrong it was for me to do that. Every teenage girl had to go through 'sayings', but lets face it, there's not fun if we don't break the rules.

After a few more drinks, I steadied myself and decided to return back home. I didn't want my mother worrying too much about me. She had already called me half a billion times and I had dodged all her calls. I checked my watch as realized that it was only 10:30 pm. I didn't understand why my mother was that worried about me. It hadn't even passed midnight yet. If it had, then she would have a reason to get her knickers in a knot.

I walked/wobbled to the outside of the club. My head was spinning and I just needed to get out of there. That was the first night that I drank so much of alcohol that I wasn't able to get myself together. I waited for a taxi to appear and propped myself inside the car. The driver asked for my address and took me a while to understand what he was saying. However, Samia helped me and told the driver where he should drop me.

"Thank you Sam!" I hugged her as the driver pulled over at my street.

"Take care Lex." She smiled and I got out of the cab. My steps were not steady at all and I was a little worried that I was going to trip over something. I grabbed a bottle of juice from my bag and quickly chugged it down. I waited for a while and let my brain recover from the enmeshment of the alcohol. After I felt like I could walk and make myself presentable, I headed home. The whole street was quite and peaceful.

As soon as I reached my place, I slowly slid the key into hole and turned it to unlock the front door. The lights in the house were down and I could barely see anything.

"MUM!! I'm home." I shouted, waiting for her to appear. But nothing happened. I walked a little inside trying to find the switch board.

"MUM" I called again, but I got no response in return.

Suddenly I felt a little droplet fall onto my forehead. I touched it and it felt like water, but not quite. The smell of it was making me feel insecure in my own house. I found the switch board and quickly turned on the lights and gave out a little scream of dreading shock.

There was blood everywhere and then I saw the one sight that I will never forget my entire life. I never want to remember it, but it's something that has made a footprint on my heart.. my parents.. lying.. dead!