1

Chapter 1 – A Forgetful Man

It was a cool day in late autumn.

Zu Jin was wearing a black suit and pointy high heels. Her tall and thin figure caused many pedestrians to turn their heads as she walked by them.

However, she continued to talk very quickly to her secretary as she walked and treated everything as if she had been indifferent to it for a long time.

The secretary listened for a long time, but could not help but roll her eyes.

“According to the rules, there are three days of vacation for marriage. Besides, people have not taken a break for almost a year!”

Zu Jin spread her hands out and shrugged. “He’s been busy for a year. The day after tomorrow the chairman will be giving out staff awards, but he’s usually not there when his staff is promoted. It’s useless to try hard during normal times.”

“Then can’t you remind the chairman about it the day after tomorrow? Dajie 1, they just got married!”

They stopped at the restaurant’s door and she looked at her secretary’s hopeful eyes. Zu Jin’s expression was cold like a soulless robot.

"
"
There seemed to be a few words looping through her eyes: Whoever asks for a vacation will die!

The secretary angrily pushed open the glass door. “You will definitely die alone in the future!”

This kind of cursing from her employees didn’t happen only once or twice. Zu Jin shrugged her shoulders to show that it didn’t affect her.

She turned around and was about to go in when the cell phone in her pocket suddenly rang.

She took it out and saw it was the research and development department calling again.

The employee’s voice from the cell phone was excited. “President Jin, the bug has been solved. This batch of parts will certainly hit the market by the end of December!”

Zu Jin: “Got it. Continue to work hard. If you have any issues, let me know immediately.”

There was a lot of loud chatter and laughter over there, probably because this part had been modified hundreds of times since the beginning of the year. This time it passed the audit. It was actually very exciting.

Although Zu Jin acted bluntly and swiftly, she knew this was not a good moment to hang up the phone because she was hungry.

She stood by the restaurant door with her hand in her pocket. She responded to the employee on the phone from time to time, but she kept on looking at the other side of the road.

On the other side of the road, there was a tall man in a suit with white button down shirt and dress pants. His temperament was different from the pedestrians around him. Even though Zu Jin was far away and could not clearly see his appearance, she could feel that this person was definitely not an ordinary office worker.

The man was holding coffee in one hand and his cell phone in the other. His head was down as he kept swiping on his phone.

As a result, he had only taken a few steps before he stepped on something. In a flash, he spilled more than half of the coffee on to his dress pants.

He shook his head and looked helpless. He drank the rest and threw away the coffee cup into the trash can. Then, he began to rummage through his pockets like he was looking for tissues.

In the end, he couldn’t find it and he probably gave up. Now, it looked like he just wanted to take out his cell phone and continue using it.

While holding the cell phone in his left hand, he kept searching through the pockets of his suit jacket and dress pants.