10

Chapter 6 – Confession Part 1

Zu Jin felt that her mood and spirit were much more stable after the call with Yan Lin.

She used the coffee table to support herself to stand up. She wanted to go upstairs and continue resting.

But, she suddenly turned and walked towards the kitchen once she reached the stairs.

The clay pot on the gas stove was still steaming hot.

She used a potholder to lift the lid and the strong smell of chicken soup floated out.

She made a hmph sound. As she rummaged through the drawer to get the chopsticks, she whispered, “You don’t eat for nothing!”

But as soon as she picked up a piece of chicken and took a bite, she couldn’t help but spit it out.

“Eck, why is it so salty?”

It was not only salty, but also undercooked.

If the chicken was boiled a bit longer, then it would be okay.

After resting at home for two days, Zu Jin was alive again.

She went back to the corporation and had a meeting the entire morning. In the afternoon, she made an appointment with several project participants to discuss things; and in the evening, everyone had to have dinner and drinks.

The day passed by in the blink of an eye.

By the time Zu Jin was no longer busy, it was already later than eleven o’clock in the evening.

Zu Jin was standing on the side of the road outside of the clubhouse and the windy night breeze cleared her head. Then, she remembered that today she had agreed to meet with Yan Lin for dinner.

However, it was so late now that there was not enough time for them to meet. It looked like they both missed their date.

She secretly felt a little bit disappointed while standing under the dim street lamp.

She discovered that there was a missed call when she took her phone out and turned it on.

It was Yan Lin who called after five o’clock in the afternoon.

At that time, she seemed to be in a meeting with some partners and her phone was off.

Currently, Xia Tong was walking up from behind her and opened the door to let her get in the car.

She breathed a sigh of relief when she was inside of the car. Zu Jin decided to call him back, but it was so late. Therefore, she would write a text message to explain things first, and then she’ll talk about the rest tomorrow.

Her fingers might not have worked very well since she had been drinking. When she was editing the text message, she accidentally pressed Yan Lin’s cell phone number and called him.

“Ring, ring, ring…”

Every time it rang, Zu Jin felt her heart beating harder.

“Zu Jin?”

The background noise on Yan Lin’s side was a little loud, but it soon became quiet. It seemed like he walked into an empty room in order to answer the phone.

And it looked like he was still awake.

Zu Jin breathed a sigh of relief. “Mhm. I’m very sorry. I was busy this afternoon and missed your call.”

Yan Lin said calmly, “It’s all right. I thought you were busy, so I didn’t call again to bother you.”

Zu Jin wanted to continue to say something, but she was worried about how Xia Tong and the chauffeur were still there.