27

Chapter 15 – Addressing the Issue of Finances After Marriage Part 1

After lunch, Zu Jin told Yan Lin the door password of her home, and then took the car to Qiyu.

After arriving at the corporation, Xia Tong happened to be back from T City.

“Instead of resting at home, why did you come to work?”

They were the only ones in the elevator. Xia Tong cheekly gave a concerned reply, “I’m worried that Ji Shiyu will come find you, so…”

Zu Jin snorted coldly, “Don’t worry. No matter how stupid she is, she won’t come to Qiyu to make trouble.”

“But when Ji Shiyu was at the factory, she kept throwing the pot1 at you in front of the people in charge. She said that you ordered her to ask for the production samples. I was really worried that the factory would complain to the board of directors.”

Zu Jin’s cheerful and good mood suddenly plummeted. However, on the surface she only looked calm and breezy because she had a lot of experience with this.

Since Ji Shiyu could throw the pot and throw dirty water in the factory, it meant that Ji Desheng could no longer control her.

This madwoman who did whatever it took to achieve her goal, actually did not hesitate to drag her into this for the sake of changing her company.

Zu Jin began to make a prediction…

The big trouble she had anticipated was arriving ahead of schedule.

According to the schedule, this afternoon was the time when the board of directors regularly met every month. Zu Jin would naturally attend the meeting and report on the situation of the corporation’s operations for that month.

Zu Jin walked into the conference room and immediately noticed that several shareholders sitting on one side of the long conference table were looking at her with delight in their eyes as they waited for her disaster.

Her heart suddenly thumped. It seemed like Liu Bing at the factory still failed to suppress the information from leaking out.

When she looked at Ji Desheng’s seat, she saw that Ji Desheng head was turned and he was  talking to the people nearby. He looked relaxed and comfortable, as if he knew nothing about the current situation.

At the beginning of the meeting, Zu Jin immediately reported on the operations and development of the corporation. Without a doubt, the most important thing was the earnings and financial situation.

In the past two years, the net profit was satisfactory because Qiyu was constantly moving closer to the precision industry.

The board of directors had nothing to say to her in this regard.

But as soon as the report was over, one of the shareholders immediately began to ask questions.

“President Jin, I heard some people below reported that someone at the T City factory tried to get samples of our production parts, and she confessed that she was instructed by you! When those parts were in research and development, we invested more than 1 billion yuan. You also carried a lot of pressure to have the research and development succeed. Why is this happening now? Give us an explanation.”

Zu Jin looked at Ji Desheng, and as expected, his face immediately became ugly.

“Whether I have instructed that person to defraud the samples, you can let people investigate and find out. In any case, all the bosses here have a wide network, I believe we can find out the truth soon.”

With a sigh of relief, she continued, “As for how this matter should be handled, my advice is that it is best to not let outsiders know, especially the media. Otherwise our Qiyu’s confidentiality and trustworthiness will certainly be affected. At that time, the partners of other important projects will certainly waver, which is much more serious than coming across a few swindlers with bad intentions.”

As soon as this was said, the shareholders were speechless.

They originally wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to attack Zu Jin and let her feel threatened. They had no choice but to give up on the father and daughter duo, Ji Desheng and Ji Shiyu, so that they could keep their chairman positions.

They didn’t expect Zu Jin to go as far as to return a big pot back to them, so that they could no longer make this matter an issue.

All the people in the conference room were old foxes who were like fish in water in the business world.

They were sitting together at this moment, and each of them had their own ideas on how the benefits should be distributed.

But what surprised them most was that no one expected that today they would stumble into the hands of a woman like Zu Jin!

Above all, she was still on Ji Desheng’s side.

It seems that the troubles before them were doomed to go deeper.

The whole meeting ended in bad terms.

Zu Jin packed up her material and followed Ji Desheng to the chairman’s office.

As soon as she closed the door, Ji Desheng immediately took a long breath with his hand behind his back.

“This was truly all thanks to you. Shiyu has really gone too far this time, and almost got us involved.”

Zu Jin said, “Is Shiyu back from T City? Chairman Ji, I think it is better if you have a discussion with her as soon as possible. Although the board of directors put up with it this time, this does not guarantee that they will not think of another way to make this matter an issue again. When that time comes, we certainly can not be too passive.”

Ji Desheng nodded and replied, “Oh, when will Shiyu be as composed as you, so that I can enjoy a few days of good fortune…”

Looking at Ji Desheng’s anxious appearance for his daughter, Zu Jin inevitably felt a little sad in her heart.

Ji Shiyu can always be so capricious because she has a powerful father like Ji Desheng protecting her, right? 

Footnotes
甩锅 (shuǎiguō) – Internet slang for for shifting the blame.