31

Chapter 17 – Register to Get Married Along the Way Part 2

Zu Jin massaged her temples. “Are you comforting me, or are you taking this as an opportunity to praise yourself?”

Yan Lin smiled and said, “It’s rare for me to find a chance to show off, I can’t help it?”

Zu Jin tsked. “As expected, you’re a big shot. You can speak so well!”

Yan Lin suddenly slowed down and stopped the car on the side of the road. Then, he turned off the engine.

He pointed at Zu Jin’s window. “Look outside.”

Zu Jin turned her head and just glanced out of the car window inadvertently. Then, she was stunned.

“Let’s go.”

Zu Jin asked, “Now?”

"
"
Yan Lin put away the smile on his face and solemnly said, “When else? We have already met with both parents and got their…support, and this is conveniently on our way.”

“…”

Today was not a weekend, so there were not a lot of people in the Bureau of Civil Affairs.

They didn’t even need to line up.

“Wait a second, is my lipstick okay?”

When they stood in the Bureau of Civil Affairs’s lobby, Zu Jin grabbed Yan Lin’s hand and tugged him again. ℙ????? ???? ?? ?????????.???

Yan Lin stopped and looked at her lips seriously. “It’s good.”

Zu Jin also looked at the tall man in front of her who was so serious for the first time.

They seemed to be very unconventional as they stood there, unlike the couples walking around.

After all, it was rare to see a couple that was close to forty years old get a marriage certificate.

And the most outrageous thing was that on this day one month ago, she didn’t even know this man.

How long have they known each other now?

It seemed like only twenty days?

Then she, a cold workaholic in the eyes of outsiders who was also an older leftover woman1, was just like this with the rumored investment industry’s big man…

No, it was a giant man who came to the Bureau of Civil Affairs to get the certificate.

“We are a flash marriage!” Zu Jin exclaimed.

After saying this, she suddenly came to her senses and realized that she was already sitting in front of a red cloth with Yan Lin.

The photographer pressed the shutter and snapped a photo of them.

Five minutes later, their marriage certificate was available.

They were sitting in the car again. Yan Lin was still looking at the marriage certificate in his hands over and over again.

Zu Jin had calmed down first.

“Wait, we haven’t signed the prenuptial agreement yet! Is it too late to sign it after receiving the certificate?”

“Don’t worry, there’s still time. I have prepared a betrothal gift for you. We will talk about it when I see the lawyer later.”

Zu Jin scratched her head in distress. “It was a very simple thing, but you made it so troublesome!”

Yan Lin had a complicated expression. “You…”

Zu Jin had a hunch that he was going to say something again, so she used her eyes to threaten him. “Me what?”

“Why do I feel like we have swapped places? Generally, isn’t it the girl who wants to follow the rituals? Why don’t you care about this at all?”

Zu Jin: “Hmph! Stereotype!”

After coming out of the Bureau of Civil Affairs, they went home, and then they called their respective lawyers.

An hour later, the two lawyers hurried over.

There was no need to spend time understanding and sorting out how much assets they had  under their names because they were used to working with private lawyers.

In less than half an hour, Zu Jin and Yan Lin signed their names together on the prenuptial agreement.

After they signed the agreement, Yan Lin’s lawyer said, “Mr. Yan intends to transfer Baihe Tower, where Chloe’s branch of this city is located, to Mrs. Jin as a betrothal gift.”

Baihe Tower was one of the famous buildings in City A. In the last century, it had often been the place to receive foreign royal families or VIPs. It was impossible for ordinary people to step into it, and the place was actually privately owned.

So being able to become the owner of Baihe Tower was more than just owning it.

It was a lot more. She was given more fame and status, so it should not be underestimated.

Zu Jin naturally understood Yan Lin’s intentions, but she still thought this betrothal gift was too expensive.

She looked at Yan Lin. “You gave me such a big betrothal gift, but I can’t come up with the same amount for the dowry. In this way, the relationship between us will be out of balance. Take it back. I don’t want it.”

Yan Lin looked at her for a long time, then helplessly nodded. “Okay, then…”

Zu Jin immediately let out a long sigh next to him. “That way, I don’t have to spend time preparing any dowry.”

“Hey!”

The two lawyers sitting across from each other looked at each other and promptly broke up this strange scene.

They cupped their hands at the same time and smiled. They said, “Congratulations, congratulations! I hope President Jin and President Yan will live a long and happy life together and will give birth to a child soon!”

After the congratulations, Zu Jin’s lawyer, Gao Xue, immediately asked, “President Jin, when will you have your wedding? We can celebrate then.”

Who knew that when he asked Zu Jin this question, they would be suddenly stunned again.

“Have a wedding? We won’t have one.”

This time, Yan Lin couldn’t sit still. “We don’t seem to have discussed this matter yet?”

Zu Jin: “No need to discuss. The wedding is so troublesome, so why would we have one?!”

The author has something to say:

Alas! They are finally married!

The next step for a successful woman is pregnancy and childbirth. What kind of chaos will she and her virtuous husband encounter? Please look forward to it hahaha!

Footnotes
剩女 (shèngnǚ) – leftover woman is a derogatory term for a woman in her twenties or older who has not married