57

Chapter 32 – The Murderer Finally is Caught

A week passed by in a flash.

Yan Lin’s life had not been greatly affected since Chloe Investments posted the announcement on its website.

After all, he spent most of his time taking care of Zu Xiaofei and would only go to Chloe’s branch occasionally. Sometimes he went to meet his friends in places with strong security. Reporters couldn’t get in and essentially couldn’t take any photos of him.

However, Zu Jin’s situation was different. She went to work every day, and the way her colleagues looked at her made her feel sick.

When she went out to discuss something, she couldn’t avoid some of the strange questions they asked.

For example, what was Yan Lin like in private? How does it feel to be the wife of the boss of Chloe Investments?

Zu Jin was almost driven mad. If she did answer, then she would appear to be very X1; if she didn’t answer, then she would appear to be very condescending.

It was their life, so what was there to talk about? Also, it would be wrong for her to disclose Yan Lin’s privacy.

That’s why she remained silent.

The storm finally died down after a week.

Zu Hua was tired of staying at their home. She complained that she wanted to go back and play mahjong with her buddies.

Zu Jin knew that she couldn’t control Zu Hua, so she threw hands down and said whatever.

Yan Lin did not have a choice anymore and had people send Zu Hua back. However, he insisted on hiring two housekeepers to take care of his mother-in-law. The other reason why he did this was to contact them if Zu Hua was in danger.

The police had not figured out Bai Qing and Ji Shiyu’s cause of death yet. Everyone needed to pay attention to their safety as much as possible.

There was only a week left before Xishui went public. Zu Jin was so busy that she was hardly home. She didn’t know who, but someone on the internet was spreading some negative news about her.

It said that she had mistreated a pregnant employee, leading to the employee’s premature labor inside of Xishui’d building. After, there was a picture of an ambulance parked outside of Xishui’s doors, with Xia Tong lying on the stretcher as she was being carried into the ambulance by the paramedics.

What’s worse came next. There was a picture of her from that day when she was standing at the gate of the Ji family’s old house with her bodyguards and they were surrounded by the police. The news headline read: The Suspect in the Murder Case of Ji Desheng’s Only Daughter Was Arrested at the Scene, Only to Be Bailed Out by the Husband and Boss of Chloe Investments

The news disappeared as quickly as it came out. After Yan Lin found out about it, he asked his men to track down the source and then reported it to the police to arrest the man.

After the man was questioned, he immediately confessed that it was Yan Yuelin who instructed him to do it.

Yan Yuelin really wanted to be acknowledged by everyone, but who would be willing to look at him when there was an outstanding person overshadowing him?

So he took a crooked path and tried to destroy Yan Lin and Zu Jin’s reputation online. After their businesses took a hit, he would slowly embezzle the Yan Group and leave for Taiwan.

He was also a son of the Yan family, and he wanted everyone to know.

Yan Lin Called Zu Jin and told her the results of the investigation. She was only surprised for a few seconds and then sneered, “He really doesn’t have a brain. How does he have the same father as you, but be so different from you?”