15

Chapter 9 – Little Pretty Boy Yan Lin Part 1

The two women drank until it was past one o’clock in the morning and helped each other upstairs to sleep.

Zu Jin had a countless number of fragmented dreams throughout the night.

She dreamt that she and Yan Lin were married. Yan Lin was cooking dinner for her in the kitchen in an apron, and next to her leg was a baby wearing a diaper and sucking on a pacifier. The warm scene made her wish she could laugh out loud in her dream.

Then, the dream changed and she found herself back in high school.

Her mother, Zu Hua, and her neighbors were playing mahjong in the living room. The choking smoke hovered on the roof and would not disperse until after a very long time. She was carrying her bookbag and was asking Zu Hua for money to pay for living expenses. In the end, Zu Hua did not have any money she could take out, and they were ridiculed by the neighbors for a long time.

What else did she dream about?

Oh, that’s right. She dreamt that she was sitting in front of all of the board of directors in a conference room and Ji Desheng announced that she would be promoted to the President of Qiyu Corporation.

It was a really familiar scene and she knew that she would still be excited even if she dreamt about it for the first time.

That’s why Qiyu would forever be her main focus, no matter how much she wanted to have a warm home.

She would be thankful for Ji Desheng’s kindness for supporting her at that time for the rest of her life.

When Zu Jin opened her eyes, she was surprised to find her warm forehead had a thin layer of perspiration.

She looked around and it turned out that Liu Wei was hugging her closely from behind like an octopus.

After Zu Jin got up and washed her face, she went downstairs to make some breakfast for her and Liu Wei.

But when she passed through the living room, she saw her cell phone on the coffee table and remembered that she had not paid attention to any incoming calls and email messages. She did not know if she had missed any urgent business for work.

Luckily, she turned on her phone, looked through it, and saw there was nothing major.

She breathed a sigh of relief and secretly told herself that she shouldn’t have been so indulgent with Liu Wei last night.

Suddenly, the cell phone rang, and it was Yan Lin calling her.

Zu Jin’s eyes widened instantly, and for a moment she was at a loss. She really hadn’t been in love for a long time.

“Yan Lin? Good morning.”

Yan Lin said yes, and in a magnetic and gentle voice, “Good morning. Hearing your voice, did you just get up?”

Zu Jin chuckled, “Yes, my friend came to visit me last night, so I got up late.”

“Then are you resting today? Why didn’t you tell me earli—Oh… I’m sorry. It’s good to rest well at home. You’re usually very busy after all.”

Zu Jin didn’t expect him to be so nervous. She immediately thought he was like a teenager who had just fallen in love and was a little boy who didn’t know what to do in front of his girlfriend.

But she was also flustered just now…

She secretly made a face and then explained, “No, I was so busy yesterday that I forgot to tell you. I just have a break in the morning. I have to make a trip to the corporation this afternoon, but I will have nothing to do after I’m done. How about we go on a date then?”

Unexpectedly, it was quiet on the other side.

Zu Jin thought he was unhappy, but Yan Lin suddenly asked, “We can go on a date. I was wondering where we should go. Do we go to the movies? Or do we go somewhere to do something fun? I don’t quite understand.”

Yan Lin was so inexperienced in this area that Zu Jin was secretly happy.

But she and Yan Lin were about the same age and dating was a way for people their age to communicate. She actually didn’t know much about dating.

“I don’t understand either.” Zu Jin was full of thoughts and gave a serious hint with her words.

Then, she continued, “But let’s watch a movie in the future. I just want to have a quiet chat with you on this date. As for the place… There is still one day left. Let’s think about it together. When we’ve thought of a place, let’s send the address to the other person.”

Yan Lin didn’t know whether he was happy with her “I don’t understand either” or something else.

He immediately gave an obedient yes as soon as Zu Jin finished saying what she thought.

“Okay, I’ll think about it seriously.”

After Zu Jin made breakfast, Liu Wei came downstairs at the perfect time.

After they finished eating, they went to sit in the small garden behind the villa for a while. When Liu Wei felt better and left, Zu Jin tidied up and went down to the corporation.

She had to explain something to several important department leaders because she was going on a business trip tomorrow.

However, there was an unexpected guest that had arrived while everyone was attending the meeting in the conference room.