44

Chapter 25 – Three Years Later

Three years later.

Yan Lin’s maternal grandfather’s 90th birthday in a few days and there was going to be a big party for it.

Zu Jin was really busy, so the previously booked ticket had to be rescheduled.

As a result, the whole family hurried to the airport when Zu Jin finally finished her work. It was foggy outside, and then a rainstorm followed.

All planes could not take off tonight.

Zu Jin was a little embarrassed standing at the airport. “How about we go there by high-speed train?”

Yan Lin hugged his daughter. His face was dark, but his voice was still soft, “Is there enough time?”

Zu Jin spent almost half of her time during the year on business trips.

The high-speed train was a good means of transportation, but Yan Lin had not experienced it yet.

“It’s not too late. I’ll book the ticket now!”

Her husband was unhappy, so she had to quickly coax him.

After Zu Jin booked the high-speed train tickets, she grabbed their suitcases and immediately called for a taxi.

The family took the taxi to the high-speed train station. The train they booked was just about to leave.

After they found a place to sit down, Zu Jin felt that half of her life was almost gone.

Usually, her secretary’s assistant took care of arranging everything from beginning to end. She had not handled these things in 800 years.

Fortunately, nothing went wrong this time. If not, Yan Lin would definitely be sulking again.

Yan Lin and Zu Xiaofei sat across from her and didn’t need help anymore.

Thus, she took out her cell phone to answer her business emails. After a while, she was able to catch her breath.

When she looked up again, she saw that her daughter had taken off her coat. She was wearing a light yellow dress with small scattered flowers, and obediently eating strawberries.

The strawberries were probably washed and packed by Yan Lin at home before going out.

“Feifei, give mommy one.”

With that, Zu Jin opened her mouth to her daughter.

But as soon as she saw her little hand reach out, she suddenly took it back mischievously. She giggled and threw it into her dad’s mouth..

The cleverness in her eyes was exactly the same as Yan Lin’s.

After Yan Lin was fed by their daughter’s favouritism, his cold expression finally looked a little better.

It was even…

A little smug.

Zu Jin pretended to be calm, but she felt a little disappointed.

However, she did not blame Yan Lin for it. This was because she did not truly raise Zu Xiaofei after she gave birth to her.

She had no idea which story Zu Xiaofei liked to listen to before going to bed or which playmate she liked to play with right now.

Besides, Yan Lin did not show his feelings on the surface, but his heart was actually better than anyone else to those he wanted to be kind to.

Who could get tired of his gentleness when he showed it?