14

Chapter 8 – A Full Woman Does Not Know the Hunger of a Starved Woman1

Zu Jin took a bath as soon as she got home. Then, she planned to go to sleep immediately because she was so tired to the point of dying.

But, her cell phone began to vibrate as soon as she closed her eyes.

She picked it up to see who it was and found that it was her best friend, Liu Wei, calling her.

After being connected, Liu Wei immediately asked, “Hey, where are you?”

“I’m at home. What are you doing? It’s late at night, so aren’t you with your husband and kid? Why did you give me a call?”

Liu Wei snorted for a moment. “We fought. You’re at home? I’ll go find you.”

Zu Jin rubbed her temples and in a muffled voice, she said, “All right, come.”

She and Liu Wei were college classmates and best friends.

During those days, they lived in the same dormitory and worked very hard, so they always had a close relationship with each other.

But after they graduated and worked for a few years, Liu Wei married and had a child.

Additionally, Zu Jin’s career was busy, so they rarely saw each other. But every time they would get together, they would talk forever like how they did during college.

They had no secrets from each other.

Liu Wei arrived more than an hour later with a bottle of wine.

They sat on the living room sofa and began to talk while they drank.

It was actually not the first or second time that Liu Wei quarreled with her husband, and then came over to complain to her. Zu Jin didn’t have to listen to know the trivial things the couple fought over.

But when Liu Wei finished complaining this time, Zu Jin did not appear to have the usual “nothing left to live for” look.

Instead, it had become….

A look of longing.

The contrast was so big that Liu Wei was shocked.

“What’s the matter with you?”

Zu Jin touched her nose and couldn’t stop herself from giggling for a moment. “Nothing, are you done?”

She really wanted to quickly tell Liu Wei about her love life, but Liu Wei was complaining about her husband. In this case, she couldn’t show off her happiness.

It would be really out of line.

But Liu Wei saw that she was so abnormal. Liu Wei narrowed her eyes and looked at her for a while. Then, she suddenly asked,”You’re not in love, are you?”

“Cough.”

Liu Wei immediately started screaming.

After they caused a commotion on the sofa, they eventually calmed down.

“Tell me, quick, what does that man do? Is he handsome?”

Zu Jin resisted her smug impulse. “He works in investing and he’s very handsome. In my eyes, I can give him a hundred points.”

Liu Wei’s eyes widened. “One hundred points? You’re exaggerating! Who in the world is so godlike? Have I ever heard of him?”

“He’s the boss of that overseas company, Chloe Investments. But I swear, I really didn’t know who he was at first. I fell in love with him at first sight.”