9

Chapter 5 – The Identity of the Boss was Exposed Part 2

Zu Jin eyebrows furrowed without realizing it.

She went over and poured herself a glass of water. She asked weakly, “What are you doing here?”

Zu Hua was tasting the chicken soup she was boiling in the clay pot. When she heard those words, she tilted her head and stared blankly. “Why can’t I come?”

“…”

Zu Jin went to the porch and took out her cell phone to call Xia Tong.

After a few rings, the other side connected, but it sounded noisy in the background like the ceremony was not over yet.

“Hello? President Jin, you’re awake. Are you feeling a little better?”

Zu Jin clenched her shirt collar with one hand and said angrily, “I was almost better and now I’m not! Why did you give the house key to my mother without my consent?”

Xia Tong flinched. “You don’t like having strangers in your home and I can’t get away from here. That’s why I had no choice. When you’re better, I’ll find her and get the key back.”

Zu Jin was so upset that she hung up. Then, she walked back and forth on the balcony several times to restrain herself from getting angrier.

In fact, it was not Xia Tong’s decision that bothers her.

She was annoyed by Zu Hua’s I-have-the-right-to-be-here expression.

If this kind of thing were to happen to other mothers and daughters, then perhaps it would be perfectly normal.

Ever since she could afford to buy a house, she began to invite Zu Hua to live with her. Zu Hua would have a nonchalant expression and directly refused. And whenever she was in front of her neighbors, she would say her daughter was promising and had nothing else to say to her. It would be better for her to continue living in her home with familiar neighbors to accompany her and to relieve her boredom.

From then to now, Zu Hua had never visited.

She had also never called Zu Jin.

If it wasn’t for Zu Jin visiting her several times a year, Zu Hua might have forgotten that she still had a daughter who lived in this world.

But this time she suddenly came to her house.

She even said, ‘Why can’t I come?’

Sometimes it could be a good thing to be related by blood. You could be close when you wanted to be close, and hate when you wanted to hate.

Zu Jin controlled the fire in her heart and tried to make her face look a little calm.

Then, she went back to the kitchen and quietly said, “You can hurry up and leave. I’ve called the maid and asked her to come and take care of me.”

Zu Hua stiffened for a moment and then turned off the gas stove.

The soup in the clay pot was not ready yet.

Zu Hua wiped her hands on the apron and turned around to lean on the kitchen counter. There was a sneer on her face.

“I came over and you’re upset?”

Zu Jin’s eyebrows suddenly wrinkled more tightly. “What?”

“Every time you return home, I know what you’re angry about. If you want to go, then why don’t you go?

“What’s the matter with you?”

Zu Hua took off the apron and threw it on the table. “Nothing’s the matter with me! Xia Tong said you were sick. She asked me to take care of you, so I came. Am I your maid? You’re still treating me with this attitude when I come all the way to do this and that for you?”