36

Chapter 20 – Begin to Fight

Jiang Kai was really drunk, but fortunately he was able to go downstairs by himself and get in  the car.

Liu Wei held her son’s hand as they stood by the side of the road. She looked awkwardly at Zu Jin and her husband.

“I’m really sorry. I didn’t expect my husband to talk so much…”

Yan Lin smiled and said nothing. He seemed to be like this all the time, and others could not see what was in his mind at all.

Liu Wei’s heart trembled for a moment. She felt that the husband Zu Jin had found was really not from the same world as them.

She really didn’t know how Zu Jin caught this man and made him willing to get married so quickly.

The current Zu Jin and her wanted different things.

Zu Jin was an impatient and extremely short-tempered person. She looked at her best friend Liu Wei.

In the past, Liu Wei was actually as fierce and sharp as her. But ever since she married Jiang Kai, gave birth to a child, and became a housewife, Liu Wei had lost that energy and had become a woman who could tolerate and compromise everything.

Zu Jin also understood that after having a child, a person would definitely be more mature and patient. However, this did not mean that a married woman must focus on her husband and children as if they were the center of the world!

Liu Wei was unhappy, especially when Jiang Kai was around.

Zu Jin could see that Jiang Kai had been promoted and received a raise again and again over the years. It had strengthened his chauvinistic self-confidence. When everyone got together, Jiang Kai couldn’t help showing off his professional achievements, and his attitude towards Liu Wei was no longer the kind that showed respect for his wife, who had just become a mother.

He always ordered Liu Wei to pour tea for him without thinking and reprimanded her for not disciplining their son.

It was as if Liu Wei wasn’t his wife, but his servant.

Just now at dinner, Jiang Kai said to Yan Lin that men were useless when they stayed at home and that it was a woman’s job to take care of the children and cook.

Did he live in the last century?

Zu Jin really did not expect that Jiang Kai, a classmate who had excellent grades in college, was healthy, handsome, and popular with girls, was so feudal and backwards at heart.

When they were eating just now, Zu Jin would have loudly scolded him if she didn’t see that his son, Bubu, was still around.

“Liu Wei, Bubu is in kindergarten now. Aren’t you going back to work?”

Liu Wei was shocked by Zu Jin’s question. She looked down at delicate and clever son.

After a moment of silence, she replied, “I thought about it, but I resigned six or seven years ago. It is really difficult for me to find a job, and Jiang Kai doesn’t want me to. So…”

Zu Jin took a deep breath. “He doesn’t want you to work? Are the things he said just now the things that should come out of the mouth of a man in the 21 century? I’ll give you an address tomorrow, and you can go straight to work, got it?”

Liu Wei nodded with a complicated expression. “Okay, then we’ll go first, otherwise the driver will probably pressure us.”

Zu Jin’s eyebrows were still frowning as she watched Liu Wei and their car drive away.