Chapter 10: Pining, Pinning, and Grenade Pins

Friday, April 4

Katsuki woke up early with a spring in his step and an ache in his ass. His mother, Mitsuki, was still wary of him, not sure when he'll have another mental breakdown. Luckily, Recovery Girl informed her that her son's reaction was the cause of stress and hormones of being an omega, and that she shouldn't be too harsh on Katsuki, just keep an eye out for unusual behaviors.

He came downstairs with his training bag and saw breakfast already laid out for him, Mitsuki sitting by the island countertop sipping coffee.

"Good morning, Katsuki. How are you feeling?"

"Fine," he mumbled, placing his bag down to sit at the island countertop and pick at his bowl of fruits and toasted bread.

"Um, about yesterday...I shouldn't have pushed you. Your doctor said you're going through things, and if there's anything you need—"

"My phone."

"Except that," Mitsuki rejected. "You're still grounded for having sex in the house."

"So I can have sex outside the house, then?"

A vein popped on Mitsuki's forehead. "Don't even start, brat!"

"Relax, I was kidding. Look, I'm headed to UA for training. I'm gonna be there the whole day," the blonde said, shoving food in his mouth as fast as he could leave faster.

"And how do I know you're not lying?" Mitsuki narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Tch, It's boring here so I'll go to the library and read or do weights. Afterwards, go to my scheduled training. You can ask any teacher if I'm there or not," Katsuki explained, then hopped off the chair to pick up his bag and headed out.

"You're a pain in the ass, Katsuki. Be home by 8pm," his mother hollered after him.

"Fine! Bye, Old Hag!" Katsuki hollered back. He snickered after hearing his mother cursing his nickname for her. With his training bag carried over his shoulder, Katsuki patted down his jacket to find the burner phone hidden in his pocket. The blonde pulled it out and sent a quick text to Izuku:

Unknown: leaving early to UA; gonna be there for hours see u there

Dk: Why early?

Unknown: just needed to get out. Gonna use spare time to train if spots are available

Dk: can't leave early. AM has to escort me. Guess i'll see you at 2

Unknown: yea see ya

Katsuki clicked his phone off and took the bus to UA. It was thankfully quiet on the way to campus. When he reached the entrance, Katsuki immediately headed to Recovery Girl's office and knocked on her door.

"Come in," a voice said on the other side.

"Recovery Girl," Katsuki acknowledged, opening the door to lean on the door frame.

"What brings you here, Bakugou," she asked.

"My old hag has been driving me nuts at home. I came to UA for early training. If she calls asking around, tell her you saw me," he said as he started backing out to leave.

"Well, hold on, boy. Let's talk a little before you dash off," she called out. "Now, how's it going at home? How're you doing?"

Katsuki huffed. "S'fine, I guess. She backed off a bit from invading my room, but I'm still a little pissed. I'm managing, though," he admitted.