Chapter 38: A Proposal

Wednesday, May 14, — Friday, May 16

WEDNESDAY, May 14

Katsuki attended his classes like he normally did except Heroics class. On the days Heroics class fell on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, they trained with the first-years, but Katsuki was hoping to skip today to avoid Shion's ass-kissing. He also didn't want to explain to his first-year mentees why he hadn't been attending regularly. However, if Katsuki wanted to get back into Shion's good graces, he needed to attend.

Katsuki swallowed his prenatal vitamin during lunch, then went to take a piss before class. After he finished relieving himself—which seemed to be more frequently now—he touched his abdomen below his navel to see if he could feel anything.

A little firm. Doesn't feel like I'm carrying, though.

He unwrapped his bandages, carefully washed his hands, then rewrapped them. He left the restroom and caught up with his classmates heading to the locker rooms. Katsuki changed, well aware that his classmates quickly glanced at his abdomen to see if he was showing. He scowled, then whacked the idiots with a rolled towel on their asses.

"Hurry the fuck up!" he yelled. Katsuki couldn't exactly say why he smacked his classmates, not in a locker full of first-years, but they understood, chuckling at being caught. He was the first to dress and left them behind to find out how his class would be modified.

Aizawa ended up giving Katsuki a list of exercises he could do while the rest of the class arrived. He was thankful he didn't have to spar with curious first-years and was left on his own. Maybe this punishment isn't too bad. Katsuki looked at the list, deciding to stretch first and jog afterwards. As he was doing his warmups in the corner alone, the first-years partnered with their mentors. His two mentees, Shion and Shun, were split with Tokoyami and Yaoyorozu.

A lot of the first-years had gotten closer to Class 3-A and made friendships. They happened to be discussing Hawks's departure from the hero society and other random topics while they did their warmups. When a few first-years spotted Katsuki on his own stretching, they suddenly quieted and glanced at Shion, a shit-eating grin forming on their lips. One of the boys nudged Shion in the ribs, whispering, "Can't believe you did it with the school slut," while Tokoyami was out of earshot, conversing with Shun and Yaoyorozu. Shion simply smiled and nodded, not willing to correct his classmate.

Snickers were heard nearby, causing Katsuki to raise his head. He saw a few blushing girls startle, then quickly back away from him. Whatever. Katsuki didn't give a fuck what kind of drama they were babbling about. He just wanted to focus on his training without having them make stupid noises.

Once class was over, everybody went back to the lockers and changed. As Katsuki took his clothes off to shower, he felt a chill down his spine. Something was wrong. He finished rinsing, turned off the shower, and wrapped a towel around his waist. Katsuki scanned the scene, but with over twenty boys in the locker room, he couldn't find any pairs of eyes on him. He frowned, continued to change, then headed to his next class. The fleeting feeling was soon forgotten.

At the end of the night, Katsuki did his homework while waiting for an important phone call, but there was still no response from Dr. Ao.

Another day wasted.

✹ ✹ ✹ ✹ ✹

After Katsuki had left his dorm yesterday, Shion was bombarded by his nosy classmates, asking why one of the Big Three and a fucking war hero was visiting him.