Chapter 45: Forever in a Day

Friday, May 30 — Saturday, May 31

FRIDAY, May 30

Katsuki was in his dorm room packing his backpack with supplies for the overnight trip to Nagano, stuffing his omega slick pads, scent patches, snacks, water bottles, headphones, as well as a suitcase that contained his formal suit for court, an extra set of clothes, underwear, and toiletries. While he was rummaging through his room, Katsuki came across the very expensive Voulgauri watch that Shion had gifted him a few weeks ago. He forgot all about the expensive gift, not giving it a second thought the moment he shoved it in the drawer. Katsuki pulled the black box out and opened it, glaring daggers at the gaudy monstrosity. It was clearly not his style. Suddenly, the smell of bitter almonds filled his nostrils.

Katsuki threw the gift harshly to the floor. Before, he was indifferent to the smell of almonds. Now, he despised the scent with a passion. That Bambi bastard's pheromones smelled like bitter almonds. Cyanide is known to smell like bitter almonds. And fucking deer eat almonds! Katsuki laughed miserably, having hunted deer before. How had he never made the connection?

He aimed a small AP blast at the watch, destroying it into a jumble of twisted metal and melted glass, then chucked it out the window. Sorry for the mess, he thought, not wanting to be in the same room with that despicable item any longer.

Done with taking out the trash, Katsuki then turned towards his backpack to make room for his items when he found the unopened letter Aizawa had given him on Monday stuffed at the bottom. He had also forgotten all about it due to the sexual assault later that day. Katsuki frowned, not wanting to recall that horrible incident, and instead reached for the subpoena to open the envelope:

§§§

NAGANO COURTHOUSE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
OFFICE OF THE PREFECTURE OF NAGANO, CITY OF NAGANO

S U B P O E N A
Case No. 7839

Attn:

Bakugou Katsuki,

Under the authority vested in Judge Chou Haruma, Judge Hanasaki Genho, Judge Takazato Yatsuno, Judge Sekitomo Taishirou, and Judge Shinkaji Naia, you are hereby to stand as witness to the retrial of Midoriya Izuku, SATURDAY, MAY 31ST at Nagano Courthouse, 10am, in the Prefecture of Nagano, City of Nagano.

Failure to comply may be deemed as a contempt of the court from which the subpoena has been issued, and may be punished by fine, confinement, or both.

§§§

Katsuki scoffed, immediately crushing the letter in his hands and shoved it deep in his backpack. He shut his eyes tightly, a headache already throbbing from consecutive restless nights since the rape. Katsuki rubbed below his navel for comfort and felt the firm bulge forming underneath his skin, pressing down slightly to feel his pups. He was so relieved his babies were unharmed, swimming merrily in blissful ignorance of the outside world; but right now, they were being little brats as Katsuki winced at the slight aches around his hips and his lower back. He hated having the constant discomfort of feeling like he was both constipated and needing to piss and shit all the time. In all honesty, he'd rather go through the discomfort of pregnancy than to have lost these little miracles in the attack.

Katsuki picked out his well-worn AJI FRY shirt and pulled out his favorite soft, black sweatpants from the drawer, needing something comfortable to wear on the trip to accommodate his growing belly. That thought alone gave him pause. How was his very male body going to handle carrying triplets? Was he going to have aching feet all the time? Waddle around like a penguin? Mood swings? A constant need to piss? A dangerous birth? Whatever the case, Katsuki wished Izuku was by his side. The results of tomorrow's trial were going to impact his children's future for the rest of their lives.