-Chapter Thirty-

"It's okay Dream... D-Don't believe him.. You are right where you need to be....Duckling..."

Dreams head shot up at the words, familiar white hair and green eyes staring into his, the sight made the tears he was holding back run down his cheeks and sob softly as her motherly hand reaches up and brushes away the tears.

"It's okay Duckling.. its.. everything is okay..."

She smiled and ran a hand through his hair while cooing softly, saying quiet reassuing phrases as Dream softly cried.

Captain Puffy frowned as she felt the broken nubs of where her sons horn used to be, then she moved to see his face and sheep ears, covered by scars and cuts, much worse off then before he was in prison.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there when you needed me duckling.. I-I should have been... I know I should have." She whispered which made the tears in Dreams eyes just flow faster. "Don't forgive me.. don't... A mother that abandons her boy... doesn't deserve that forgiveness." Her voice shakes. "A-And thats exactly what I did.. I-I abandoned my boy.. my little sheep.. my duckling." She says in little breaths as she kisses the top of his head, her face burried in his hair.

Instead of backing away from the touch like Dream would have done not long ago, he pulls her into a hug. They sat there in silence, just enjoying the time together that enjoying the hug Dream craved the whole time he was in prison.

A while later, Wilbur finally returns seeing the family reunion in front of him he smiles and quietly sits down.

"Hey Dream... You ready to head back..?" Wilbur asked softly, Dream looked up in surprise then his expression darkens which confuses Wilbur.

"Uh..." Dream looked back at Puffy who had a soft smile.

"You could always.. stay with me... And see purpled... Im sure Punz will be around... And maybe Foolish!." She encouraged with a hopeful look. Dream stared into her eyes, trying desperatly to find any hint of lie, any reason that he shouldn't go and just run back to the wintery Tundra, and away from his problems. But it wasn't there. That distant look in his mothers eyes when she looked at him before... was no longer there.

Dream gulped, glancing to Wilbur then nodding. "Yes...- yeah.. sure..." He stuttered out nervously. Puffy's face immedietly lit up.

The brunette looked up in surprise and just smiled. "Thank you for the offer... But I have to get back to Techno.. there's a few things we need to speak of... Uhm.. Tommy is supposed to be coming up to the cabin soon.. you could probably come with him Dream.. that gives you time to catch up." Wilbur smiled at the blond, who smiled back slightly. It still wasn't as bright as it once was, but heartwarming nonetheless.

"Thank you Will." Dream placed his hand on top of Wilburs and squeezed softly.

From there Wilbur stood up, picking up a box that was beside him and placing them in front of Dream. "Uh.. You mentioned you liked these.." It was another pack of the coconut macaroons.

Dream smiled happily up at Wilbur and kissed the man on the cheek.

"Thank you.."

That night, the whole group sat in the living room watching movies, just as Dream was getting tired and closing his eyes, he heard the familiar wolf howl from outside...

It was loud and close. But no one worried.

They all knew who it was.