Chapter 12 - Royal Engagement

Y/N's POV

I was in the car, sitting between Louise and James. His parents were in the front seat, and it was in a line of escorts I guess for safety.

Sophie, the fashion icon, helped find a cute dress that went with everyone else's theme. Her & Louise were doing blue floral type dresses so the dress was also an adorable blue floral type dress.

*This is all the outfits, if you don't like Y/N's outfit imagine it as something else but still with a blue floral type design for the sake of the story*

James wanted to 'make a statement' for who knows what by wearing a red tie but it went nice with the outfit so I don't think his mom cared as much. Plus he looked adorable so it worked well.

Anyways, I guess James could tell I was nervous because he put his hand on my thigh and said, "Hey you'll be ok. Just follow our lead. I'm here in case anything happens."

"Thank you, I feel like I should be use to this stuff because I've been on plenty of red carpets and done many events because of Broadway and film works, but this just feels different." I say, kinda stressed a little.

"Yeah, it's a new experience for you. But hey, you'll get used to it overtime, especially as you do more of them." He said, comfortingly and kept his hand on my leg.

Then it hits me, wait 'do more of them' is that implying what I think it's implying?!

Before I could ask, the car came to a stop and the door next to Louise opened up. Edward and Sophie were already out of the car.

Louise went out first, then me, then James. James ushered me to wave like some of the others were doing, so I did. We then walked past a long group of people, as we headed towards the big event.

His parents stopped every now and then to talk to people, so me and James would stand kind of behind them as to not get in the way.

Once we actually got to the event, there was some photo op thing. Sophie, being the mother she is, told me and James to stand in front of it and took a picture. Reminds me of my mother not gonna lie.

We then walked for a little bit before we were greeted by some of James' cousins, the Tindall & Phillips kids.

Savannah hugged James then greeted me, and the same went with the other kids as well. We sat at the table everyone else was at and stayed there just chatting for a while.

Then Savannah decided she wanted to move away to a different table so the group of us formed a kids table, it was right next to the adults though. We did allow Louise to join the table because even though she is technically an adult.

When the Wales' arrived, we added a few chairs to the table so they wouldn't feel left out. The table had me, James, Louise, Savannah, Isla, Mia, Lena, Lucas, George, Charlotte and Louis.

It was a little squished but we made it work. There were a bunch of side conversations going on. Louise was talking with Savannah and Mia, James with Lucas and Louis, George, Isla and Charlotte were talking to each other, and I was talking with Lena.

Sometimes conversations would shift and everyone would talk to someone else but it was mostly the same groups.

Everyone was really nice, and at one point me and Savannah would talk about horses, she rode but the only riding I ever did was when I was like 5. We also talked about some random other stuff as well.

At one point, Charlotte joined the conversation and we talked about dance and performing. Savannah did some performing with her school, but was more focused on riding and stuff.

Charlotte also liked gymnastics, so we talked about that stuff. Then eventually we all decided to go take some of the free food.

Some ran off to go to do adventures and whatever, while me, James, Savannah, Lena and Louis all went back to the table to eat.

Since both Lena and Louis were 5 they couldn't do much, so I volunteered to stay with them. James chose to stay with me as well, since Louis can be quite the handful.

Eventually, Savannah ran off to go do whatever, and that left the other four of us. Me and Lena talked and played some games, and eventually James was doing stuff with Louis. It was so adorable. James would make a great father.

Anyways, as the day came to an end, everyone started to get ready to leave. Lena cried a little but James reassured her that she'd be seeing me a lot more soon.

I hoped he was right but I also felt bad that that may not be the case. But I have Lena the biggest hug and then they left. After a while of other people, Royal and not, leaving. We finally wrapped up.

It was us and the Phillips leaving together but not long after the Wales' would also leave.

In the car, we kept the seating the same and I talked to James about the day. When we got back to the house we ate some dinner then went upstairs.

Me and James got ready for bed and because it had been a long day, we laid down and quickly fell asleep.

I snuggled into James and he hugged me, we stayed close and fell asleep like that. It was a nice end to a fun day.