Chapter 14 - Bottom of It

Y/N's POV

I was in the car, next to James. His dad, Edward was driving the car. He was making some Dad jokes and some were cheesy while others were absolutely hilarious.

I at one point laid my head on James' shoulder. Even though there was that middle seat between us, we still managed to find a way to be closer together.

I'm not sure what he was doing but I was trapped in my own thoughts. Scared because of the letter but also hoping it was some sick joke.

Eventually I scared myself in thought and I quickly removed my head from his shoulder, and sat up straight. Trying to avoid looking at him by looking out the window.

"Hey what's wrong?" He says, looking at me, confused.

"It's nothing, I'll tell you later." I say, trying to avoid anything right now.

James' POV

I knew that wasn't the truth, I could just tell. But I can't keep pressing it, maybe she will tell me eventually.

I need a way to get her to tell me the truth, does she not trust me?

My heart broke a little, but I'm hoping for the best.

When we got to the house, we did what we normally would do, greet my parents and sister, then go to my room.

Louise was in her room, which was across the hall from me so we greeted her before going into my room.

Y/N put her bag where she normally did, which was next to my dresser, and then we sat on my bean bag couch. Even though it was small so we were very close together, she seemed very distant. Like she wasn't snuggling up next to me, and it felt weird. Does she have a boyfriend?

We stayed there, kind of awkwardly. I decided to finally test the waters, and try to put my arm around her. I did the yawn arm thing, but when I got my arm around her, she stood up and went over to her bag.

"Hey, quick question for you," she says, digging into her bag for something. What was this about?

"Yeah?" I say, confused b ur hoping it wasn't anything bad.

Right before she could say anything, Louise appeared at the door.

"Hey Y/N, would you happen to have an extra concealer or foundation?" She asked, seeming urgent. I wonder what for.

"Oh uh yeah, just give me a second." Y/N responds.

She grabs a bag of im guessing makeup out of her bag, and then puts something inside the same pocket, it looked white. Wait, what did she wanna show me?

She follows Louise out of my room and across the hall into her room. Wanting to know what's going on with Y/N, and wanting to be protective, I decided to see what that paper said on it.

Is it wrong? Yes, however I want to be comforting for my girlfri- I mean close friend.

Y/N's POV

I was helping Louise do her makeup, she said she wanted to see what worked for her so she can find the right items for herself.

While helping her, I decided to tell her everything, from my crush on her brother to the note.

"Well first of all, James definitely has a crush on you," she says, confidently.

"Yeah sure, I wish," I respond, I hope he does but I do doubt it though.

"Y/N, he's my brother, I've known him for the entirety of his so far 15 years long life, I think I'd be able to tell that he likes you," she responds. Fair point.

"Ok, but what do I do? Especially because of the note," I say, more nervous now.

"Why don't you just tell him about the note?" She says.

"I don't want to hurt him though," I respond.

"I think it would hurt him more if you keep it a secret, especially if you two drift apart because of something as stupid as that." She says, making me more hopeful.

Before I could respond, James pushed opened the door, holding a paper and looking at me. Oh no.

"Y/N, what is this?" He says, seeming angry.

I look at Louise but she just shrugs her shoulder, I'm not sure what to do so I look at him a little confused.

"Just come here!" He says, I stand up and walk towards him before he grabs my arm and pulls me into his room, closing the door behind him.

"Now do you wanna tell me what's going on?" He says.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about" I say, a little confused.

"Don't play dumb with me, this was in your bag, crumbled up a little, what's going on?" He says, a little louder.

"Why were you going through my bag?!" I ask, a little annoyed and trying to change the subject.

"Because Y/N, you were distant and before Louise came in here I saw you grab this then put it back. I was concerned Y/N, what's going on?" He says a little angry but also a little disappointed.

"James..." is all I'm able to say before I fall to the floor and start crying, unable to hold back the emotions anymore.

He finally opens up the note, I'm guessing he was shocked because he drops it then falls to the floor and gives me a hug. I cry a little into his chest.

"Y/N, why wouldn't you tell me?" He says, his voice filled with disappointment.

"I- I didn't want to hurt you, I thought I was doing the right thing," I say, disappointed with myself.

"Y/N please just tell me, I want to be here for you, I want to be the person who you talk about stuff to," he says, looking down at me.

I look up at him and we lock eyes, but it's not uncomfortable, but my stomach filled with butterflies.

"I love you Y/N" he says, then he smashes his lips onto mine.

A/N: Quick question for you all, please answer if you can!

In upcoming chapters what are things you guys would like to see happen? I'm at a little bit of a loss of ideas (forget the word for it), but if any of you have any ideas or things you'd want to see In upcoming chapters lmk please :)