Chapter 13 - Headlines & Notes

Y/N's POV

It has since been a few days from when I went to that engagement and as I somewhat expected, the press was sharing a lot from it. However, there was a lot more attention than I thought there would be.

Because a lot of press people took pictures of the event, there were a lot of pictures of me with the different royal kids, and they were being used in many different articles.

Some were just talking about the event, while others were trying to find out why I was there, which is understandable. Other though, were assuming that me and James were dating, which would make sense because we were near each other the entire time.

The rumor had it's good and bad.

It was good in a way because there was a lot of support from Potter and Royal fans alike, a lot of which were saying the ship it. Someone even came up with a ship name which was quite funny to be honest, *insert ship name here*.

But on the other hand, some people were sending me hate, I'm not sure why but it was happening. A lot of that was from girls about my age and some accs that looked like fan accs so maybe it's jealousy? I don't know. But hopefully it will all blow over soon.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Flo told me that we could leave now. Finally, the day was long enough. I grabbed my bag and jacket before meeting up with Flo at the door. She was standing with Anthony, Sebastian and some other cast members. I'm guessing filming was over for the day.

We were told who we'd be going with for the car rides back to the hotel. I was told to go with Anthony and Seb. Once everyone got told who they'd be with, or were given their 'groups' we were allowed to leave.

Everyone left in small groups, mainly because some still weren't ready but also to make things less stressful. Since we were in a studio for set today, there was going to be fans and paparazzi most likely outside the building, so it also helped to keep everything calm.

Once Anthony had grabbed his bag, as he had left it in the green room, we finally left. Walking out those doors reminded me a lot of Broadway stagedooring.

People were cheering, and were excited. However, there was also the bright flashes of the paparazzi cameras. Great. I knew they would be here but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

We waved to people, and were able to take a few selfies, which was fun. Right before I got into the car though, someone would throw something, and it would hit me on the shoulder.

When I looked, it was a note, I quickly picked it up and decided I'd read it later. Then I got in the car followed by Seb.

The car ride was full of us singing popular songs, I did feel bad for the driver but he didn't seem to care.

When we got back to the hotel, and I got up to my room I finally decided to read the note.

When I opened the paper it said "Don't touch my man you c**t. James deserves better than you could ever be. You're just an attention seeking slut who will do nothing but ruin his life. Don't you dare touch him or go near him, or I'll make sure you regret it. -Kathleen"

I was shocked, this was my first time experiencing this level of hate. In the theater world there can be bits of hate, but it wasn't bad for me. There was also the average criticism and such from casting directors but that's bound to happen as it's an industry and you need the best. But nothing like this.

I put the note into my bag, unsure of what to do with it, and started to cry a little. It wasn't great being called names. Maybe I should just let the crush on James go, plus I doubt it would happen anyways.

I suddenly got a call from James. So I wiped my tears then answered, "Hello?"

"Hey, how are you?" He says, seeming super happy about something.

"Could be better" I say, trying to hold back tears and prevent him from hearing. But I guess he realized because his tone quickly changed.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks, seeming very concerned.

"It's nothing, just a stressful day at set." I say, lying because I can't tell him the truth.

"Oh ok, well I was wondering if you would wanted to hang out tomorrow?" He says, knowing my schedule.

"Sure I guess, sorry I'm just tired from set." I say, trying to sound happy at least.

"Ok great, we'll pick you up tomorrow morning then, see you soon!" He says.

"Can't wait!" I respond.

We then hang up and I sat on the bed. Unsure of what to do and full of different emotions.

James POV

We hung up and I sat on my bed. Unsure of what to do, but feeling super angry. I know she said she was tired from set but there has to be more too it. I need to get to the bottom of this.

Over the past while, as we've become closer friends, well really since the beginning, I've had a crush on her. That's why I've been trying to become close to Y/N.

No one is going to hurt her and get away with it, especially on my watch. I grabbed my phone and opened google, hoping to find something to help me get to the bottom of this.

After just googling to her name, I clicked on the news articles to see some recent stuff about her. Most of it was continuing to speculate that we are dating but they should realize I'm trying to get the girl but she's probably out of my league. But one article I found would surprise me.

It stated that while leaving a set today, someone had thrown something at her. It was reported to be a piece of paper.

Wait, a letter.

I instantly realized what most likely happened and knew, I have to find that paper and get to the bottom of this.

No one hurts my love and gets away with it.