Epilogue

Adeline had finally managed to get Matthias to fall asleep. The poor child had been crying after his mother left but, in no time he warmed up to Adeline. He really liked to play with her red hair and hang from her shoulders. He was the spitting image of Sirius. The same grey eyes and dark black hair.

As she made her way back down from placing the child in bed she could hear faint cries. Nymphadora was curled up next to her sleeping child on the bed. Adeline then knew exactly what she was going through. Having the father of your children out in battle and feeling useless.

"Do not worry too much. Remus is very skilled and strong; he will be just fine." Adeline said from the door. "Sorry did not mean to startle you."

"It's alright." Tonks sighed as she walked to the door. "It's just that he just recently came back and now..." Adeline quickly wrapped her arms around the young woman as she cried.

"I know exactly what you are feeling. Believe me when I tell you he ran away from me as well before Ara was born." The red head confessed to the purple haired women. "And he will come back again from this."

"Thank you." Tonks replied as she wiped the tears off her face.

"Let's go make some tea." As she followed the blue-eyed woman into the kitchen she notices a scar peering from her lilac colored long sleeve shirt. The faint shape of the letters "TOR" locked in Tonks's mind and before thinking it through she spoke.

"What happened to your left forearm?" She quickly slapped her hand over her mouth in embarrassment. "I am so sorry I didn't mean to intrude. It is none of my business."

"No need to worry Tonks." Adeline smiled as she pulled up her sleeve. She remembered the day this scar was carved into her skin clearly. "Blood-traitor was carved into me by the deranged Bellatrix Lestrange with the help of Evan Rosier and someone I had considered family, Peter Pettigrew."

"Do you still feel scared when you think back on it?"

"I think back to it most often because it was a big part of how I ended up here. But the fear it once brought to me is gone. It really helped that I did not remember a lot of things for years but when I did it was hard. It was thanks to your uncle Regulus that I managed to move on." Both women stood in the kitchen in silence, their minds ticking with a lot of different things.

"I need to go." Tonks stated as she stood up from her chair.

"What do you mean? Where are you going?"

"I am going to Remus. This war is hard but I need to be there for him. I need to be with him."

"What about your son?" Adeline asked, her voice laced with concern.

"My mum will be here any minute. But in the meantime can you please watch him?" As Adeline scanned the young woman's face she saw determination and stubbornness written all over it. She knew that if she were in her place she would be doing the same thing.

"Be safe." The redhead whispered as she held Tonks's hand tightly. The young woman nodded and bolted out of the door. "I became the babysitter in this war."

                            ***

"Harry Potter is dead." The shrill voice of Voldemort shouted.

Everyone was in disbelief. Their only hope to defeat the dark lord was gone, dead. They looked at each other in defeat. Ginny and McGonagall's cries echoing throughout the field.

"Harry Potter is dead." Voldemort repeated once again with thrill and excitement. All the death eaters joining him in laughter, in celebration. "And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us...or die."