5. Dear Addy ^

As Remus opened the great hall door for me to walk in. I know what a gentleman. All of our friends quickly came over to us and began to bombard us with questions. I was getting rather flustered at all the questioning and when I turned over to look at Remus he just yawned and began to make his way over to the Gryffindor table. He took hold of my hand and led me there as well. With Kate and his friends following.

"Did you get in trouble?" asked Peter in a worried tone.

"What happened?" asked Kate in a serious voice.

"Where have you two been?" asked Sirius while raising his eyebrows.

"Have you guys seen my Lily flower?" asked James causing everyone to look at him before turning to look at Remus and I again. Remus just continued to act as if they were not there, by buttering his toast and serving himself some eggs and cereal.

"I guess it is up to mean to answer all your questions. No, we did not get in trouble, Peter." I said making him sigh in relief, "As to what happened we have been appointed new head girl and boy and we stayed in the head dormitory." I finished when Kate squealed and leaned over the table to hug me. "And James we have not seen Lily."

"That is great news, Adeline. I am so proud of you." she said as she sat back down next to Sirius. "I am also very happy for you too Remus." she said only receiving a nod from Remus who had toast in his mouth and some jam on the side of his lips. I took a napkin and wiped it off only to get strange looks from everyone. But decided to not ask and instead served me some toast as well.

"So you and Remus are all alone in that head dorm?" Sirius asked in an insinuating tone.

"Yes, but we have separate rooms." I started taking a bite of my toast before realizing that it needed some jam.

"Did you know that history has shown that most head boys and girls end up together." Kate giggled causing both Remus and I to choke on our food.

"I think that is enough talk about head boy and girl." Remus noted as I nodded in agreement. I looked around for the jam and saw that James had it.

"James, can you pass the jam?"

"Sure." he replied as he handed the jam to me. Though it was only for a brief second our hands touched. But it was broken as soon as I saw his eyes light up to Lily walking into the great hall and coming our way.

"I think this is it. My Lily flower has finally come to the realization that she is in love with me." James sang full of hope. From my right, I heard Remus sigh knowing full well James was about to be disappointed.

"Remus. Adeline. Congratulations on being elected as the new head boy and girl." Lily smiled shaking my hand and then embracing Remus. "Well I see you two around." and with that, she was gone without even looking in James' direction. Kate and Sirius excused themselves right after with Peter following them.

I turned over to finish my breakfast but noticed from the side that James had a frown on his face. As much as I want to forget about my feelings for him I can not help but feel a little hurt each time I see that he is in pain. I mustered up enough courage to try and say something to make him feel better.

"You know James maybe you should try and move on. I do not want you to take it the wrong way but I do not think she will ever be interested in you."

"I agree with Adeline. James buddy it has been almost 7 years and not luck." Remus chimed in.

"Well, you both are wrong. You will see that she will end up falling for me because I love her." James said in a defensive voice. Irritation apparent on his facial features.