Finale II: Reunion

It began with how Regulus had discovered the existence of horcruxes back in his 7th year. He had spent the rest of that year reading information about the horcruxes and figured out that the Ravenclaw Diadem was a horcrux. He managed to retrieve it from the room of requirements.

Once he finished school he left in search of the Slytherin locket after his house elf was tortured to seal it. He had gone to Knockturn Alley to get the necessary equipment for his trip but encountered Adeline. She forced him to tell her everything and he did.

He barely managed to make it out of the cave alive with the help of the liquid luck Adeline had given to him the previous year.

She swore secrecy on his whereabouts and went along with the news of his death. It had been the hardest promise she had ever had to keep.

For 2 years they worked together to figure out a way to destroy the locket and the diadem along with finding the others. Their luck had run out when on the night of November 3, 1981 a friend she had thought was dead showed up to her home but he was not alone.

With him came a deadly mad woman, and an old acquaintance who despised her in every way. Regulus had managed to leave the house with the baby but was too late to rescue Adeline.

All that was left was a bloodied up bathroom and a small paper with a message to her husband. Regulus brought the baby back home and settled her in her room with the note on top of her before leaving he enchanted the room. From that moment on she was thought of as dead.

Adeline had been taken and imprisoned in a cell underneath the Rosier Manor. For 3 consecutive years she was tortured for information on her late fathers knowledge and on information about the order. Mr. and Mrs. Rosier blamed her for their son's death. Insanity almost overtook her but she managed to fight it off with the happy memories of her family.

But not everyone can be strong. She might have overcome insanity but she was no match for the obliviate spell. A year of confusion along with torture went by.

Adeline no longer remembered her family; the only two things that stayed in her mind were her name and the familiar face of a man with blue grey eyes and long black hair.

After 4 years Regulus discovered that she was indeed still alive and managed to break her out. His stomach plummeted when he saw how thin and bruised up she was.

He nursed her back to health. Back to the way she looked before allowing her red hair to radiate and her cheeks to flush. He tried his best to make her remember her family but it was all to no avail. He tried to take her back to her family but she resisted as she had grown accustomed to him and could not see herself leaving his side.

He also did not just tell people she was alive because that would force him to disclose that he was still alive as well. And with Peter still lurking he feared for Adeline's safety. And Regulus needed everyone to think he was dead so he could continue his task as he knew that Voldemort would return one day

Regulus spent the next few years in search of the other horcruxes. Every time he went on a long hunt he would come home wounded and Adeline was always ready to heal him.

At first she wanted to repay him for his help in her recovery. But slowly she felt herself beginning to fall for him. She began to like tiny things about him: from the way his eyes reminded her of an ocean storm, the way he walked with poise and grace, the way he spoke in an elegant manner, and most importantly the way he looked at her. He tried to be subtle but she caught on easily. The feelings were obviously reciprocated.

Regulus had always admired her but surely he found that his admiration was turning into love. One time he came back pretty beaten that she demanded him to tell her what he was up to and how she could help. After weeks of resistance he finally gave in and explained everything to her again.